why adjustable lower arms, and upper stock arms are bad idea? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > why adjustable lower arms, and upper stock arms are bad idea?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Guess I'm dropping another 360 from IRO for adjustable uppers front and rear lol. Well, at least it will be a short arm done right. And there couldn't possibly be anything suspension wise to break because it's all new XD thanks for all the help from you experienced guys who lifted your jeeps way before me lol. As this is my first lifting of any vehicle (let alone a unibody jeep) this site has had lots of invaluable info that I have relied on a ton. Thanks!

95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
Guess I'm dropping another 360 from IRO for adjustable uppers front and rear lol. Well, at least it will be a short arm done right. And there couldn't possibly be anything suspension wise to break because it's all new XD thanks for all the help from you experienced guys who lifted your jeeps way before me lol. As this is my first lifting of any vehicle (let alone a unibody jeep) this site has had lots of invaluable info that I have relied on a ton. Thanks!
Yeah I have learned a lot from this site, and I have so much more I want/need to get done, I'd be more than happy to take donations hahah

I figured I've spent so much money already, might as well spend a few extra hundred bucks and get it 100% right, I almost have everything new down there too lol

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #18
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

That's exactly it. What's a few hundred more to do it once, do it right. And while it's apart. Better than putting it back together just to take it apart again (not necessarily with control arms but with other things I've done along with the lift lol)
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

then learn one more lesson, and send back all your front adjustable arms and get long arm upgrade for a couple bucks more.

THAT will make you glad listened. lol

but short arms on 4" is fine too
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Aren't base long arms like 500 from IRO? and to get adjustables is more? So it's 250 more. And I'm only at 3.5 right now and will be til this is no longer my daily driver. So it's not really worth it. Plus if I did wanna go higher I would look into front and rear axle swaps prior to since you need xj long arms with a hp30 and the 8.8 is used primarily for strength to run larger tires. So I'm looking at a lot more invested to do long arms right then I'm doing short arms right for. Plus trails around here are mild. 3.5 short arm will be amazingly capable for me right now.
Mopar or no car!
Unread 05-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #21
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
then learn one more lesson, and send back all your front adjustable arms and get long arm upgrade for a couple bucks more.

THAT will make you glad listened. lol

but short arms on 4" is fine too

if I had PLENTYYYY cash I would have gone the long arm route... BUT... sadly.. don't have the funds so adjustable short arms on 4" is what I gotta live with lol Maybe one day!!

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

You're not alone on that! Lol
Mopar or no car!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.