whining noise still there - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > whining noise still there

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 02-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
98zjay
1998 ZJ 

whining noise still there

whining noise on accelaration after about 30 mph. goes away when i let off the gas. i have replaced...

front pinion bearings and seal (with reciepts)
spider gears
both front wheel bearing/hubs
both cv axles
rebuilt my driveshaft (double cardan cv ball)
changed fluids in t-case and front diff

currently my driveshaft is out and there are no noises what so ever!!!
when the d-shaft is in, is when it whines.
any help at all?????? any opinions?
coming from the front/under the driver seat

98zjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
rozco
1993 ZJ 

subscribed. same problem

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/daniels-93-zj-1256919/"][B]Build Thread[/B][/URL]
rozco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
Muncie4sp
1995 ZJ 

ring and pinion.
Muncie4sp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
98zjay
1998 ZJ 

I swapped out my entire carrier for another out of another jeep to see if it made a difference and it didn't. I know your not supposed to but the noise never changed. I have my original back in now.

What's weird about the noise is it goes away for a split second when I hit dips in the highway and the jeep bounces. The noise changes with compression and decompression of the springs. Maybe front output on t case????
98zjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #5
mrgimble
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98zjay View Post
I swapped out my entire carrier for another out of another jeep to see if it made a difference and it didn't. I know your not supposed to but the noise never changed. I have my original back in now.

What's weird about the noise is it goes away for a split second when I hit dips in the highway and the jeep bounces. The noise changes with compression and decompression of the springs. Maybe front output on t case????

Did you ever figure this out? It is exactly the problem I am having.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.