Whining noise in Reverse Gear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Whining noise in Reverse Gear

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-28-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
compugeek

Whining noise in Reverse Gear

I know that there was a recent forum on this...but it was never answered...so I'm starting a new one. In reverse gear there is a whining noise that can be heard from the inside and the outside of my 94 Jeep GC. It happens both when moving in reverse and not moving in reverse. Has anyone figured this problem out yet. Someone said that it started after his/her brake interlock thing was installed (I believe it was the shifter interlock recall). I really want to know how to fix this or at least if there is anything going bad. Does anyone have any comments/solutions for this odd and annoying problem?

compugeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
NYR99

i would like to know this too because i have the same problem.
28F Package
NYR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:52 PM   #3
mr_user

Check the fluid in the tranny, it will be the easiest and probably one of the only things you can do without bringing it down to the local shop.

Among many things, it's possible the noise is caused by resonance regulator valve system in the 42re, and will probably be most noticable at cold temperatures.

Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.