Where is VIN on chassis ZJ96? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Where is VIN on chassis ZJ96?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #1
SILVIOPP

Where is VIN on chassis ZJ96?

I am on Italian GC forum and no one seems to know this answer.
I have installed methan equipment on my ZJ 96 and Italian authority wants to see the VIN number imprinted on the chassis.
Not the one on the back of the windshield as that is rivet (and removable).
Does anyone of you know where it is?
Somewhere I found it should be on the right (passenger) frame rail inside the engine compartement, near the shock absorber attachement but I am not able to locate it.....
HELP

best from Italy

Silvio

SILVIOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

The riveted one on the dash behind the windscreen is not removable. If you try it will destroy it. The VIN should also be on the white door sticker on the driver's side door.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
SILVIOPP

Many many thanks, I hope the inspectors would not object, but there are many GC around and many are converting to methan so they must know that the GC id code is the rivetted one. Anyway it seems that Chrysler is at home now with Fiat so they would not treat me like "foreigner!".
SILVIOPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:23 AM   #4
kbjaeger
1996 ZJ 

the vin number is under the rear right passenger seat
kbjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.