where is my blend door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > where is my blend door

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
mike4089

where is my blend door

1994 jeep grand cherokee...my heater isnt working and im thinking its probably the blend door...but i have no idea where it is....pics would be nice

Unread 01-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
rubocop
1996 ZJ 

I have a 96 GC

The blend door on my 96 GC is under the dash on the passenger side. Follow the left seam of the glove box to the underside of the dash. The blend door motor should be very close to being in line with the seam. Look under the dash and the blend door motor will have a wiring harness connected to it. Feel under the motor as you move the temp control knob from hot to cold. You should feel the shaft moving as you do this. The blend door is connected to the motor shaft.

I ordered a blend door shaft fix but discovered it was a clogged heater core. When the engine is heated up and the heater on high feel the intake hose of the heater core and then feel the outlet hose. Both should be very hot. If the outlet hose is much cooler you most likely have a clogged heater core. Look at my other post reply for a "how to" unclog the heater core. Try this first as it might save you some money and quite a bit of time. Try the water only first as this might clear the clog. If this alone doesn't work try the radiator cleaner and Lime Away.
rubocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
sonal

A blend door is short for Blend Air Door.There usually is an actuator motor that opens and closes the blend door a little at a time to adjust how much hot air and cold air to mix for the temperature setting you have chosen.t is advised to reinforce the part so that you may not need to replace this part so often.

Unread 01-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
tonymartin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.heatertreater.net/Grand%2...ee%2093-98.htm

Check this link
Unread 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
jadedfalcon
1994 FSJ Cherokee 

Looking for the blend door . . .

My 1994 Grand Cherokee Limited with the inline 6 is having some heater / AC issues.

When the ambient temp is hot, the Jeep blows warm air. When it's cold outside, the Jeep blows cool air. I had a tech look at the AC system and he seems to think that, although it could be low, it should be alright.

He says that it could be the blend door motor is non functional. Here's my issue with that; I've started taking the dash apart and found the actuator for the exterior door, that works. I watched it open and close.

I found another actuator near the center of the dash behind the ashtray. I couldn't see any movement of it, but I'd cycle through the interior vents and the airflow changed to the appropriate vents.

Is there a third blend door that mixes the cool air with warm air? I do have ATC but not dual climate controls. If there is a third door, where is it?

And yes, I do know about heatertreater.net, but if there are only two blend doors, then my door are fully functional.
jadedfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.