Where to get studded bushings? - JeepForum.com
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Where to get studded bushings?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Registered User
2004 WJ 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Deland, FL
Posts: 2,482
Where to get studded bushings?

The WJ has been on street duty since last August or September now. 4.5'' and 32s on Claytons feels pretty good on the highway, but it has a LOT more potential.

There is a ton of construction on the roads that I drive most frequently, and the small bumps, cracks, and obstacles are starting to shake my teeth out. I'm also tired of the noise that's transmitted into the cab while I'm trying to have a conversation with business clients.

I'd like to replace the Johnny joints on the Clatyon's long arm system with bushings. The Johnny joints are notoriously noisy. Unless they stay perfectly tight, and greased ALL the time, they are always making some kind of noise whether it be a squeak or a clank. I'd prefer to replace the joints with bushings on all the frame side connections at first. I just don't know where to get them. Once I have the bushings installed, or before even, I'll have a few extra Johnny joints btw.

Thanks for the help

2004 Overland
JayIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.