Where to find replacement bump stops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Where to find replacement bump stops

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
jbsj33p
1993 ZJ 

Where to find replacement bump stops

As the title says where can I find stock height rear bump stops for my jeep. After searching all day I came to the conclusion the world forgot the jeep zj ever came with rear bump stops. Except for mopar, oh-no, they did not forget and they want $58 for each one. I would rather use tubular steel for a bump stop then spend $116 for a piece of rectangular rubber. So anyway, does anyone know where to get aftermarket bump stops for a reasonable price or anyway I could make my own? Thanks

jbsj33p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
hpservertech
1994 ZJ 

https://www.google.com/search?q=94+g...ient=firefox-a
hpservertech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
jbsj33p
1993 ZJ 

but.. uhh..what.. how .. ok, you sir are my hero. I swear, Ive googled everything from jeep grand cherokee bump stops to axle snubbers. Ive shopped from amazon to quadratec to jeep4x4center and beyond. Lets just hide this post so I don't look too incompetent Thanks
jbsj33p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
jabba974
1996 ZJ 

Check out energy suspension or daystar, they offer a number of polyurythane bump stops...might be something universal, but you should be able to make them work if they don't have a vehicle specific one..
jabba974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

I know Rusty's also sells Daystar bump stops.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hockey pucks? haha well they work for adjusting but not as a total bumpstop replacement.
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
bjorn17
1996 ZJ 

As a side note - how exactly do the bumpstops attach? I know I knocked one of the rear ones down when doing an axle swap. It just broke off from the base, did not see any bolt or screws.
bjorn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
jbsj33p
1993 ZJ 

I think they just wedge in there and have little tabs on the side to hold it in place ? I will be replacing mine when the new ones come in so I will let you know for sure then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.