Where can I get one of these? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Where can I get one of these?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 04-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Where can I get one of these?

Infamous 5.9 sunroof part, sits in the front section of the sunroof track, visible from the top when the glass is retracted.

Or, any advice on how to repair it?

2013-04-26_18-46-09_847.jpg  
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #3
So I tell the swampdonkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and I have her lick me yardballs.
NYCXJ90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
jeepkid945
1993 ZJ 

Ebay?
jeepkid945 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

I used "quick Steel" to bond some plastic to metal. It held very well. I dunno if itd work for your application but give it a shot

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

JB Weld also makes an epoxy just for plastics, depending on what type of plastic it is...otherwise, pick your own part yard? Last time I was at one they had all kinds of ZJs
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
bob_351c
2002 TJ Wrangler 

not sue if that really is 5.9 specific or not. I put an entire sunroof assembly from a 5.2 ltd into my niner and had no problems
bob_351c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

Can anyone tell me what this part is and what it does? I looked at the service manual and the parts manual and can't find it in either.

I think that the same part came out of my sunroof, but i couldn't find anywhere it broke off and assumed that it was a part from something else that got in my sunroof track.
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.