Where can embed the fuel pressure sensor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Where can embed the fuel pressure sensor?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
madelk_RUS
1995 ZJ 

Where can embed the fuel pressure sensor?

madelk_RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

I'd be happy having one under the hood in the engine bay but , left corner on top of the dash would work too . Another place is the VIC . Remove it , cut a plate , mount a few gauges if desired
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

is that the actual gauge? if it is a PSI gauge it's not enough. a 40 lb gauge would be suitable.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

He's in Russia so I'm guessing that the gauge is in bar. In that case the gauge is a little big, fuel pressure is less than 3 bar so you lose some detail going all the way to 10. Bar seems to be more common in places not-USA. Off hand the only place I consistently see it in car stuff is in MAP sensors.
zjosh93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think he is asking where he can tie into the fuel rail to put the sender. You have to put a T in the line someplace. I wouldn't even know where to start except for right where the line has the schrader valve. Gonna be some cutting involved with this one to get that sender in the line.
Why do you need a pressure gauge in the line? Are you running boost or is it stroked?
By the way, St. Peter is an amazing city. I spent a month there about 8 years ago. Can't wait to go back one day.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #6
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Right you are Polka. I saw somewhere where a guy took the Schrader valve out and drilled/tapped the fitting for a sender like the OPs. I don't think I would do that to my rail but I guess it works.
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
madelk_RUS
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I think he is asking where he can tie into the fuel rail to put the sender. You have to put a T in the line someplace. I wouldn't even know where to start except for right where the line has the schrader valve. Gonna be some cutting involved with this one to get that sender in the line.
Why do you need a pressure gauge in the line? Are you running boost or is it stroked?
By the way, St. Peter is an amazing city. I spent a month there about 8 years ago. Can't wait to go back one day.
Sorry that is not what I wrote it attracts a sensor installation)))

I was told the fuel rail has a hole to check the pressure in the system?!
Whether there can be screwed into the sensor?

come to our city! We have very beautiful!
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #8
madelk_RUS
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjosh93 View Post
Right you are Polka. I saw somewhere where a guy took the Schrader valve out and drilled/tapped the fitting for a sender like the OPs. I don't think I would do that to my rail but I guess it works.
sports car sensor is screwed into the fuel rail, but they are not standard, and it has a regular place at the fuel pressure sensor
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #9
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

you would have to modify the fuel rail to get the sender in there. theres no factory provision for it. there is however a Schrader valve on the driver (i think) side that is used for pressure testing. maybe something could be improvised with that...
Unread 10-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
MaintMech

1996 ZJ 

Indeed. You should* be able to unscrew the Schrader valve and install a "TEE" fitting that would allow you to mount the sensor. Most metric pipe threads and US pipe threads are close enough to be compatible.

I might be wrong, if I am please correct me.
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quick search on Google "fuel pressure gauge 5.9L" gave up this link posted by Vermiscus..

Adapter kit for sender to Schrader valve. Summit could most certainly help once the thread is identified on OP's sender. I assume it's a metric.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEI-107133/
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...re/#more-11621

Found this. Not the post I was searching for but it works.
Unread 10-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
madelk_RUS
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverlandZJ View Post
Quick search on Google "fuel pressure gauge 5.9L" gave up this link posted by Vermiscus..

Adapter kit for sender to Schrader valve. Summit could most certainly help once the thread is identified on OP's sender. I assume it's a metric.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEI-107133/
and the thread -4 exactly go with my valve?
Unread 10-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
OverlandZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelk_RUS View Post
and the thread -4 exactly go with my valve?
You need to identify the thread on your sending unit shown in picture above..
OverlandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.