when driving i got a wobble in my car - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > when driving i got a wobble in my car

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
jeep93GCL
1993 ZJ 

when driving i got a wobble in my car

Hi buddies
I was driving to college this morning when I hit a bump on the road at 60 mph my front end start shaking and my sterring wheel also has anybody felt this before....I got my ball joint redone about 2 months ago

jeep93GCL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Mlarv
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep93GCL View Post
Hi buddies
I was driving to college this morning when I hit a bump on the road at 60 mph my front end start shaking and my sterring wheel also has anybody felt this before....I got my ball joint redone about 2 months ago
First that pops into my mind is shocks and sway bars. Here is a simple test push down hard on the fender and let it go if it comes straight up and stops then shocks my be good if it bounces a few time then the shocks are bad.
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

How bad is the wobble? Is it to the point that you have to slow down considerably or stop to get it to quit shaking?

Don't bother looking at shocks and swaybars. Take a look at the steering and most importantly the track bar. Turn the key to the first position and have someone turn the wheel back and forth while you look for any play in the components. There should be no play at all in the axle or frame end of the track bar.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
jeep93GCL
1993 ZJ 

It getting to the point that I have to slow and make sure I don't lose control
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
bustedasszj

Just had this problem it was my track bar
bustedasszj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
jeep93GCL
1993 ZJ 

I think it is the track bar does anybody recommend a good place to get a track bar
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #7
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

It's called death wobble.
Most common causes are worn out track bars and storm out control arm bushings. Being a 93, expect to replace most of the suspension bushings in the near future, now that things are bad enough to give you death wobble.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #8
jeep93GCL
1993 ZJ 

I think it time to do everyrthing on jeep to be replace start w the suspension does anybody recommended a good place to suspension part I'm gonna keep this jeep for ever mostly intill I finish pay off my school loans and be able to buy a brand car of the lot someday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.