Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wheels and Tires

1K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  GraKee99 
#1 ·
ok so now ive got the lift ordered, 6.5 IRO LA, i think im pretty set on what performance parts im getting, im pretty sure im gonna go with iceland winch bumper and fender flares, but id like the jeep to have a good wide stance, i was probably gonna go with either pro comp tires or bf goodrich, but im not exactly sure what would be the best size cause from ive read 32's are the max wheel to use with the quadra trac system, is that true or false?? im not really sure what wheels to go with, i could always use my stock wheels i guess but i was thinking id like to go with something different, i dont really wanna go with black id like to go with maybe chrome or something but not really sure where to look for them at, i dont want anything thats too overkill thats looks like it should be on a benz or something, i kinda like the mickey thompson classic wheels but a friend of mine thats in the tire and wheel business says they wouldnt work cause of the....offset, i think thats what he said but i dont really remember now, i tend to block him out sometimes cause he has a ego problem since hes the tire/ wheel person i guess

any info will be greatly appreciated, i have alot of vacation time saved up and plan on using alot of it in the next couple weeks so i can get the jeep whipped into shape before the snow comes, i think ive ordered enough to keep myself busy for awhile hahaha

#2 ·
im pretty sure u can run bigger than 32's but its been said before here that we dont really no any answers here we just make stuff up. anybody else no?

#3 ·
As long as you get the right offset you can run whatever wheels you want, spacers will also help this. Don't listen to the "wheel and tire expert", he doesnt know. If you are going 6.5" and flares you probably want 33's, good gears and proper axle building will let you run them.

Take a look at the Toyo OCMT's, they are a very nice tire with great offroad abilities and good road manners in all conditions.

#7 ·
i have a 2000 4.7, i ordered the LA front kit, tom wood driveshaft, added adjustable trac bar, front and rear addco sway bars, bar pin eliminators, jks quick dis, added bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer.

in the next few days im gonna order the iceland steel winch bumper and fender flares, smittybuilt winch, kolak exhaust and k&n intake, might possibly add the throttle body as well, still undecided

still trying to make a decision on tires and wheels, i know ill prob get some wheel spacers but unsure if i should go with 1.25 or 1.50, from everything ive read anything over 32 in tires is going to be pushing it using the quadra trac system, still not sure if this is true or not, and also running over 32s is going to require regearing from what ive heard/read

i think thats about it as of now, am i missing anything that anyone can think of

#22 ·
They are dangerous if not installed correctly. Ran them on my jeep for 6 months and drove from Arkansas to Colorado on them and back. Not a problem. This is how stuff like this get started, people say things without enough information or experience with it. I have heard of 1 case where a wheel feel off and that was 3 years ago.

But OP, you don't need wheel spacers if you get the cragar soft 8s or another rim with 4" of backspacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.