Wheeling with 2" lift - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Wheeling with 2" lift

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #16
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I wheel on 31's and have been everywhere that all my buddies have been able to get to. It makes it more interesting and gives you **** talking rights when you cruise up the same line as some dude with bigger tires. As stated just pick good lines and pay attention and go have some fun yo!
i quite enjoy listening to people 'brag' about driving their stockish jeep on the same type of trail. specially when they have to rat bag it just to climb something i did in 2wd.......

i also enjoy answering their tech threads titled; 'i went wheeling and now my <insert problem here>'

so yea. stock jeeps can keep up...... usually for a run or two...... they don't live long stock though

13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleD31 View Post
Well it's good to know how the tires do too lol. And with 4.5" you still need to trim?
I did a tiny bit. Just stuff on the inside of the fender well. I can stuff the **** ouut those 31's though on long arms. Ill really need to trim when I get my bigger tires

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
i quite enjoy listening to people 'brag' about driving their stockish jeep on the same type of trail. specially when they have to rat bag it just to climb something i did in 2wd.......

i also enjoy answering their tech threads titled; 'i went wheeling and now my <insert problem here>'

so yea. stock jeeps can keep up...... usually for a run or two...... they don't live long stock though
true..

Build thread^^
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut

You can pretty much put any size tire into the fenders or bumper at any height if you try. The key is proper bumpstops for the lift height.
What bumpstops do I need? Or will like IRO or something have some made for 2" BBs?
KyleD31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
What bumpstops do I need? Or will like IRO or something have some made for 2" BBs?
You can just use hockey pucks. Squirt some gasket sealer on them and stick them inside the coils to the perch.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

You can just use hockey pucks. Squirt some gasket sealer on them and stick them inside the coils to the perch.
Okay thanks. I feel like when I actually start installing, ill have a lot of questions lol. I know it's recommended to extend the spring posts with exhaust tubing too, but I'm unsure how to do that too
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
98ZjAllDay
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
How often do you wheel it?
I take it into the state forest and sand pits so its not to ruff, no rock climbing or anything but it gets the job done.
98ZjAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

I had an XJ with a BB and 235/75R15...went anywhere where the big boys (not rock crawlers of course) went and further. Added 100K miles only broke a skid plate.

I now have a ZJ with a real 3.5" and 31" tires...blah blah blah........I want my XJ back.
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77 View Post
I had an XJ with a BB and 235/75R15...went anywhere where the big boys (not rock crawlers of course) went and further. Added 100K miles only broke a skid plate.

I now have a ZJ with a real 3.5" and 31" tires...blah blah blah........I want my XJ back.
I kinda miss the simple days. Not that my jeep is that much of a chore to drive now, but I miss the feeling and simplicity of a stock jeep. My buddy had a stock zj and he followed me everywhere with it.

Build thread^^
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I kinda miss the simple days. Not that my jeep is that much of a chore to drive now, but I miss the feeling and simplicity of a stock jeep. My buddy had a stock zj and he followed me everywhere with it.
haha, a locked ZJ on 33s is a simple jeep these days. still can have fun on easy trails but can tackle harder stuff.

i notice you said your buddy 'had' a stock ZJ. i'm guessing he either modified it or ditched it............

i had a buddy with a stock XJ.... he's been building it into a monster now for years... stock wheeling jsut starts the addiction lol
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #26
KyleD31
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ

haha, a locked ZJ on 33s is a simple jeep these days. still can have fun on easy trails but can tackle harder stuff.

i notice you said your buddy 'had' a stock ZJ. i'm guessing he either modified it or ditched it............

i had a buddy with a stock XJ.... he's been building it into a monster now for years... stock wheeling jsut starts the addiction lol
I'm not wheeling mine until I have my lift and tires. I mean I've tore up fields but that's it lol.
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #27
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

^^this. He sold it. It always starts with a stock vehicle but, ends in bankruptcy, divorce, and homelessness

Build thread^^
Unread 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #28
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^this. He sold it. It always starts with a stock vehicle but, ends in bankruptcy, divorce, and homelessness
id rather be homeless and divorced than be with the wife that won't accept said addiction though. lol.

damn..... might come to that lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.