wheel spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > wheel spacers

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Moparich
1996 ZJ 

wheel spacers

newb question

why wheel spacers and not backspacing? is the selection far less with offset backspacing?

Moparich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

wheel spacers help if you want to keep your stock wheels.
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
lawsonej
At the bottom working up

1998 ZJ 

My spacers

I just put on these wheel spacers on my ZJ. They are 2" wheel spacers on TJ not ZJ cznyon rims, for a total 3.5 Back spacing. It has a two inch lift with isolator left in as instructed. As well, I did some minor trimming on front bumper. Rubbing is rare, but would be more apparent offroad. The trimming done was enough to take away most of rubbing. I am running 31 x 10.50 nokian vativa m/ts all around. Works for me!
frontfar.jpg   front.jpg   back.jpg   back-far.jpg   side.jpg  

lawsonej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
Moparich
1996 ZJ 

no negative stories or warnings about wheel spacers. when i was working at super shops they were pretty taboo. although these spider trak spacer look completely different compared to the old shim style spacers. ill be putting some 1.25" spacers on my zj to fit the 33's
Moparich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #5
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

^

Correct. There is a big difference between the cheapy shim style spacers (although, several companies make quality versions of this style, but they are typically hub centric and include the installation of longer wheel studs) and the bolt on style that has become popular during the past 10 years or so.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
tucsonzj
1995 ZJ 

I got RC wheel spacers so I could run 31's without rubbing. Now i'll be at 3" of lift so my concern of rub wasn't for fender, but on the CA's and other steering components. So spacers will push the wheel out more and allow the wheel to turn (hopefully to full lock) without rubbing.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.