Whats The best street tire for a stock jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Whats The best street tire for a stock jeep

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
01xjltd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Whats The best street tire for a stock jeep

Im considering 1 more set of new tires for my jeep fleet, and was wondering what the best tire would be for mostly street driving, do well in winter snow and ice and handle very occasional trips to camp and light wheeling. What would be best for the wifes jeep ?

01xjltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
JasonStebbins
Obv

1997 ZJ 

Look for All Terrain tires if you are going to do light wheeling and keep them on in the winter. I would go for a softer tire for those conditions. Everyone has preferences on tire brands, just find ones that you like.

A narrow tire will do better in the snow.

12 things to do when your ZJ stalls by ZeeJay1997
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/1...talls-1407423/
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
ZJfamilyfun
1998 ZJ 

If you're not to concerned with price Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are your best bet. They have a great snow and ice rating, great road manners, and i see lots of lifted weekend warrior rigs wearing these tires in Colorado. Do some research. Tire reviews, offroad magizine tire test reviews. Best of luck. And if you pass on them and have the extra cash feel free to buy a set and send them my way! Lol.....if i had the money i would put them on the first chance i got. Hands down!! Good luck!
ZJfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.