What's the best lift kit brand out there? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What's the best lift kit brand out there?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 02-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #16
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

'Best for the money'... You spend $500 on a name brand lift and your getting just that, a cheap lift.

Want something better? Break out the wallet. There's a saying that goes 'you get what you pay for' , and zj lifts fit right in with that

If your asking our suggestion on steps to take when building a rig, if you want something in between stock and long arms, I'd just put 2" spacers on. Anything more is a waste as you'll be selling it a year down the road.

And speaking from experience here, if there's something that you want down the road (ex: long arms) don't get half way there, decide to be cheap/impatient and half *** it (ie: adj. short arms in my example) as you'll just be reselling them in a few months budgeting for what you originally wanted

Unread 02-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #17
1996ZJI-6
1996 ZJ 

well Today i installed my front 2inch coil spacers, i havent gotten to rear yet cause i had to go to work. but i have done alot of reaserch and seen in my opinion that IRO 4.5 preimium lift kit is what i think would be best for me. im not into the extreme rock crawling yet. the jeep is also my DD. but im just starting out so i have a while to really decide what i want. but thanks for everyones input! it does help. thanks
1996ZJI-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #18
NewbombTurk
1995 ZJ 

I've got a 95 ZJ Limited with the V8. It won't see any off-road, 95% on road. I have a set of ACOS that I never used from a XJ. I'm trying to achieve enough lift to clear 33x12:50x15's, what brand and size lift would be recommended. What are my options? Is there a GOOD, BETTER & BEST to select from? Part numbers of kit would be greatly appreciated.
NewbombTurk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #19
slate98ZJ5Niner
1998 ZJ 

If funds permitted this is what I would do for a lift kit. Bds front long arms because it's a true 4 link, Clayton's rear triangulated 4 link, Iro or rustys 5.5 springs, and bilstein shocks.
slate98ZJ5Niner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.