What's the best lift kit brand out there? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What's the best lift kit brand out there?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #16
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

'Best for the money'... You spend $500 on a name brand lift and your getting just that, a cheap lift.

Want something better? Break out the wallet. There's a saying that goes 'you get what you pay for' , and zj lifts fit right in with that

If your asking our suggestion on steps to take when building a rig, if you want something in between stock and long arms, I'd just put 2" spacers on. Anything more is a waste as you'll be selling it a year down the road.

And speaking from experience here, if there's something that you want down the road (ex: long arms) don't get half way there, decide to be cheap/impatient and half *** it (ie: adj. short arms in my example) as you'll just be reselling them in a few months budgeting for what you originally wanted

Unread 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
1996ZJI-6
1996 ZJ 

well Today i installed my front 2inch coil spacers, i havent gotten to rear yet cause i had to go to work. but i have done alot of reaserch and seen in my opinion that IRO 4.5 preimium lift kit is what i think would be best for me. im not into the extreme rock crawling yet. the jeep is also my DD. but im just starting out so i have a while to really decide what i want. but thanks for everyones input! it does help. thanks
1996ZJI-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #18
NewbombTurk
1995 ZJ 

I've got a 95 ZJ Limited with the V8. It won't see any off-road, 95% on road. I have a set of ACOS that I never used from a XJ. I'm trying to achieve enough lift to clear 33x12:50x15's, what brand and size lift would be recommended. What are my options? Is there a GOOD, BETTER & BEST to select from? Part numbers of kit would be greatly appreciated.
NewbombTurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #19
slate98ZJ5Niner
1998 ZJ 

If funds permitted this is what I would do for a lift kit. Bds front long arms because it's a true 4 link, Clayton's rear triangulated 4 link, Iro or rustys 5.5 springs, and bilstein shocks.
slate98ZJ5Niner is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.