what wires go where? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what wires go where?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-15-2007, 05:46 AM   #1
joshjeep04

what wires go where?

Ok so found the problem to my pcm failure. Seems that the wires going to the rear oxygen sensor were ripped out and all tangle together i guess they got cuaght up in the drive shaft. Then i had found the the front ones wiring had melted to the exhuast but didnt break any wires could this have been the problem that one of them shorted out and cuase the cumputer to fail? Well anyway i need to find out which ones go where. It looks like the previous owner had changed the rear sensor and had the wires spliced together i dont know why but that is where the ripped out from and now i dont know which ones go where there are 2 grays and 2 white wires coming out of the seson and there are it looks like 2 purple and white wires the are twisted together and 1 black and 1 green wires hanging by the t-case thst go to the sensor.

joshjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

The answer to a question like that usually requires knowledge of the model year and engine. Putting that info into a signature means people don't have to ask for it if you don't mention it otherwise.
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
joshjeep04

it is a 96 laredo 4x4 with the v8
joshjeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
SJZ
Victim of Hope & Change

1998 ZJ 

Location: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A shining city upon a hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjeep04
it is a 96 laredo 4x4 with the v8
This should be what you're looking for.
96v8o2.jpg  
'98 ZJ Laredo 5.2 Selec-Trac (249 to 242 swap)
'05 KJ Limited 3.7 Selec-Trac
'94 ZJ Limited 5.2 Q-Trac- sold, after 17 years
'67 International Harvester Scout 800; 345ci V8,T18 4spd, Dana 20 TC
'06 Chrysler 300C SRT8 6.1L
SJZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
rm2001wj
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

That schematic is basically what's in the '97 and '98 FSMs also. What it shows is that that wiring harness containing wires coming from the PCM for the downstream sensor should contain: a BK/PK wire for the sensor signal, a BK/LB wire for the sensor ground, a DG/OR wire for the sensor heater positive voltage, and a BK/TN wire for the heater negative (same as ground).

Those colors don't match any that you mentioned and that's a problem. You need to follow the hanging wires that go back to the engine compartment to see if there is another splice which has wires matching the colors above. If you find the correct colored wires, then that will solve most of your problem. The rest will be solved with the instructions that come with the new O2 sensor; they will identify corresponding wires coming from the sensor.
rm2001wj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.