What type/kind of side view mirrors to use when doors are off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What type/kind of side view mirrors to use when doors are off

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
xDJxJUSTx
1997 ZJ 

What type/kind of side view mirrors to use when doors are off

What type/kind of side view mirrors to use when doors are off.

Should I bolt some to the fenders or use the existing door hinge to bolt to?
Any suggestions would help.

xDJxJUSTx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

I'd never drive doorless On road as they're integral to side cash protection. Rather, they're the only side crash protection
Remembering that, figure out how to put some Harley mirrors on or something at the hinges.

Depending upon where you're at, it's illegal even with mirrors. around here you'd probably make it a block or two before you got a ticket.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

I'd never drive doorless On road as they're integral to side cash protection. Rather, they're the only side crash protection
Remembering that, figure out how to put some Harley mirrors on or something at the hinges.

Depending upon where you're at, it's illegal even with mirrors. around here you'd probably make it a block or two before you got a ticket.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
xDJxJUSTx
1997 ZJ 

Well I live in Charlotte NC, The law doesnt say anything about no doors, but it does say you have to at least have a driver side mirror

Unread 09-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
KJK
1998 ZJ 

It's not a Wrangler. Put the doors back on...
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
4Slow9erHybrid
1997 ZJ 

Then why not take all 4 doors off and the liftgate? Remove the seats and put in a wooden bench instead, secure with deck screws...
1997 JGC Laredo 4.0 4x4 99900mi * 0W30 German Castrol since 75k * 225/75/R15 Firestone Destination AT on Ravine rims * winter 235/75/R15 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 * UC suspension * Monroe Reflex Monotube shocks * factory skids * KOR steering brace * rear Addco SB * Magnaflow cat and cat back system * complete 5.9 interior
4Slow9erHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
xDJxJUSTx
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Slow9erHybrid View Post
Then why not take all 4 doors off and the liftgate? Remove the seats and put in a wooden bench instead, secure with deck screws...
Thought about that, but figured it would look like crap
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
xDJxJUSTx
1997 ZJ 

I like the wooden bench idea lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.