What are these wires for? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What are these wires for?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

What are these wires for?

Under the front bumper there's a small tube with wires running through it and a couple of factory-looking 2-pin connector plugs hanging out of it. I assume these wires/plugs were for fog lights but the Jeep doesn't have any. I can't even tell if it ever did, I can't find any mounting holes or brackets, and there's no switch inside for fog or auxiliary lights. There is however a relay in the fuse box labled fog lights. If these aren't light plugs then what are they for? More curious than anything, not really important.

ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Fog light wiring
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
ErikTheRad
1993 ZJ 

Is there wiring in the dash to control the lights? If the wires are in the harness and there's a relay, then assume there must be wires somewhere for a switch to control them.
ErikTheRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

If you have the wiring in the bumper and the relay box buy my factory fog light switch and you can put fogs there. Yea the wiring will most likley be there for the switch.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.