What to spend $500 on??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What to spend $500 on???

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #1
2004wjowns
2004 WJ 

What to spend $500 on???

I have a stock 2004 I6 Special Edition jeep and Im not sure what to buy first. I do little bit of off roading but not having any recovery points like tow hooks or a trailer hitch is holding me back. But i also thought about a 2" lift. Any suggestions would help.Thanks

2004wjowns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
Jones
Consider the following...

I would get recovery points first and keep wheeling it at the stock height. Save your money then buy a real lift kit once you have enough.
Unread 10-05-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Kramer H
Built and Supercharged 47

2001 WJ 

I agree with jones, a hitch will help you in more than one way. throw a d-ring reciver shackle in it and your set for the rear, then some OEM tow hooks on the front, if your thrifty enough, you might be able to do all that and the 2" BB, but from my experiance, a week after a BB is installed, most on here want more, and end up going around 4".
K8 GSXR 1000- Racefit,Comp Werks,Puig,Woodcraft,B2 Industries,55W HID'S, R&G Engineering, Two brothers, ASV, DDM, "The pantie dropper"
Kramer H is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
ronsaun
2003 WJ 

your right i just did my 2 bb last week and was displeased so added spring helpers(not a good idea) and now have 3.5. i like it MUCH better!!!!!!!! what you said!!!!!
ronsaun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #5
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

I would get recovery points, transfer case skid, and then sliders. This is the order I would do it if I could redo it. Here is a total for you. Yes, it is more than $500 but you won't regret it.

Front two hooks - $100
Trailer hitch - around $100
Stock t-case skid - $50
Sliders (JCR stage 2) - about $350

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
I would get recovery points first and keep wheeling it at the stock height. Save your money then buy a real lift kit once you have enough.
Second this. Sucks pulling someone from there axle. You always have the fear you'll mess there stuff up.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #7
silver_laredoSE
2008 JK Wrangler 

I hope you dont have any kids floating around...seems like last time this question was asked it did not turn out good for the guy...anyway...agree with all these...either keep saving for a good lift or start with your recovery points.

Silver Jeep Club Member #4

2008 JK
Black Diamond 3in
315/75R16 KM2s
XRC8
Smittybuilt XRC Stinger
Flat fenders

OLD WJ BUILD THREAD:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ead-wj-984371/
silver_laredoSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
BulldogTJ98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Buy a cool gun and some recovery points. Maybe a good sounding muffler too!

[SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Orange"]'98 TJ 4.0L, AX-15 5spd, NP231, RE 4.5 rear, 3"&.75" BB front, JKS discos, 33x12.50 KM2s on Rock Crawlers, 3.73s, Dana30 front, Dana 44 rear, JB Conversions SS SYE, JKS HD Tierod, Warn 8274 Winch, Front Stinger and Rear stinger w/ tire carrier, Rokmen Corners, Aluminum Radiator, LED tailights, Rock Lights, KCs, K&N airfilter, Optima Redtop, Cobra CB and a Sony soundbar[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
BulldogTJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #9
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Set of rocky road outfitters sliders on the ebay at $99 with 6 days left.......Rocker Guards Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 1999-2004 *NEW*:eBay Motors (item 220490818071 end time Oct-12-09 21:02:16 PDT)

you cannot beat that price. especially with a $500 budget. Better do it quick.
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.