what size torx bit for rear liftgate supports on a wj? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what size torx bit for rear liftgate supports on a wj?

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
jcool1985

what size torx bit for rear liftgate supports on a wj?

Hey guys my 2001 WJ rear liftgate and liftglass supports are shot. Got hit on the head the other day! I guess the cold weather brought it on. Anyway what size torx bits do I need to change them? I am going to sears to get a set and want to make sure it has the right sizes in it. I checked wjjeeps.com it talks about removing the torx screws but not what size they are go figure. Thanks in advance for the help.

jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
daufuskieraised
1996 ZJ 

I couldnt tell you what size, but on my zj its a pretty average looking bit size. Just look at it and eyeball it if your going to get a set of them.
Oh and sorry to give you false hope of an answer when you see somebody posted. I know I find it annoying. Sorry.
Magnet antenna
daufuskieraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

I know the ZJ's are T-8 ... again , sorry to get your hopes up again but hey , 1 more post to add to the collection... unless the WJ's are T-8 as well.
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #4
Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcool1985 View Post
Hey guys my 2001 WJ rear liftgate and liftglass supports are shot. Got hit on the head the other day! I guess the cold weather brought it on. Anyway what size torx bits do I need to change them? I am going to sears to get a set and want to make sure it has the right sizes in it. I checked wjjeeps.com it talks about removing the torx screws but not what size they are go figure. Thanks in advance for the help.
@jcool1985
T40 on the liftgate and T27 on the liftglass. HTH.

I'll lend you my set! Just print it and cut it out.

WWW.JEEP-DARK.DE
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #5
jcool1985

Thanks dark for the info that will help out a lot. I would of never guessed T27 on the liftglass. Thanks again
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
Dark

URWC.

Yeah T27 sounded odd to me too but that's what it said on the bit.

WWW.JEEP-DARK.DE
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.