What are the power ranges for the Grand Cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What are the power ranges for the Grand Cherokee?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-13-2002, 05:55 PM   #1
FutureZJOwner

What are the power ranges for the Grand Cherokee?

I was wondering if the first generation 5.2 liter Grand Cherokee's acceleration is great at speeds above 60 mph, or if it just runs out of breath so to speak. I am researching these.

thanks!

Sean

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
Camster

mine kinda dies. i have a curvy up hill onramp to I-40 i always use. my jeep has the hardest time with it. i'm always going like 35 at the top. haha. anyway hope that answers your question. by the way we both live in NC!

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
FutureZJOwner

Thanks Camster. Yeah, I live in the WS area. What year Grand and can something be done to fix this? We have a 1998 with a 4.0 and its top end is high though it takes a while for it to get up to, say, 105.

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2002, 03:34 AM   #4
GrandCherokeeLifer

Mine has power until about 100 MPH. If I need extra power in the 50-75 MPH range, I turn off the overdrive. Try it, it makes a big difference. You might also want to try a K&N FIPK, I hear that they help a lot.
04 VW Touareg
GrandCherokeeLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
Camster

the simplilest thing you can do to get a boost in horse power is install a flowmaster muffler. heard these things do wonders for boosting horsepower and they are not annoyingly loud.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.