What is this? Pic attached. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What is this? Pic attached.

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCORPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #16
wwcenturion
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Yea i can see that Im saying that because I was recently swapping my regulators and window motors on the drivers side and both my drivers side windows had the black strips attached to the windows and they attached to the regulators with 2 nuts on either end.
Correct. I was having trouble identifying the part because none of the pics I found anywhere showed them attached to the assembly. Im going to keep them just in case.

wwcenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #17
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

so in that case do you have to replace the window also?
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #18
wwcenturion
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
so in that case do you have to replace the window also?
Negative, window looks good.
Unread 08-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

normally the glass is glued into those black channels, not separate from the glass but who knows, maybe its different on GC's
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:49 AM   #20
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

My right side wonked out a year ago and the window came loose at the black clip. Mech used some kind of special glue to reattach.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #21
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

If you end up replacing the regulator instead of repairing it, I recommend the jy. The aftermarket regulators are flimsy. I bought one for the front passenger before I read about repairing mine with new rollers. It was not strong enough to get he front of the window up until after the back of the window got to the top. The metal arm of the regulator would actually flex. The regulators from the dealer are much more expensive.

You can hold the two side by side and tell a significant difference in strength.
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #22
wwcenturion
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingr98 View Post
If you end up replacing the regulator instead of repairing it, I recommend the jy. The aftermarket regulators are flimsy. I bought one for the front passenger before I read about repairing mine with new rollers. It was not strong enough to get he front of the window up until after the back of the window got to the top. The metal arm of the regulator would actually flex. The regulators from the dealer are much more expensive.

You can hold the two side by side and tell a significant difference in strength.
10-4 on the Jeep part. I will compare costs and if it's only $20 or so, I will go with the OEM. However, its starting to look like Chrysler didn't give much thought to the quality of their Jeep parts outside of engines, suspensions, trannys, etc...Which is good for us, but expensive when you start restoring older vehicles. Those components are top notch and Jeep is legendary for using strong parts in those areas but I am a little disappointed in everything else I am reading about on here. I guess that is why I loved my YJ, TJ, JK's so much; no fluff to fool around with, just a body sitting on top of a strong frame and suspension.
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #23
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwcenturion View Post
However, its starting to look like Chrysler didn't give much thought to the quality of their Jeep parts outside of engines, suspensions, trannys, etc....
I agree. The metal regulator that comes with the Jeep seems like it could lift a tank. I don't know what they were thinking when they put plastic rollers on it. They dry up, get brittle, and start breaking apart. You would think that they could have made a design that would last longer than 15 years....
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.