What parts do I need to make my 2wd 4wd? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What parts do I need to make my 2wd 4wd?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
AaroNX
1997 ZJ 

What parts do I need to make my 2wd 4wd?

Hey guys, I'm wondering what all I need to change to make my 2wd zj 4wd. I know I'd need the transfer case, front driveshaft, front axle etc. Just curious what else is needed and if there is anything out of the ordinary that'd I'd need to do.

Fwiw I'm a decent mechanic and should have no problem doing this. For instance my other ride is a nissan fwd car that was an auto that I switched to a spd.

AaroNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Falkon
2004 WJ 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/z...se-lol-919003/
Falkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
Kruzin
1993 ZJ 

Sell it.
Buy a 4wd model.
Not worth the cost and hassle.
Kruzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
perfectcircle
1999 WJ 

Eh, i'm not like everyone and going to persuade you not to do it. I'm a fan of projects so if you don't mind a little bit of work i'd say go for it. The parts can be found relatively cheap at local yards and such. You'd need nothing out of the ordinary. Go for it
perfectcircle is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.