What is this hose(s) called? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What is this hose(s) called?

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 04-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Don't forget , double clamp both ends , hell , tripple clamped em , but yes , that's exactly what to do . And , make sure the rubber line is specically trans line , it's oil resistant . Rubber line will swell and leak .

newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #17
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
OK, I can't seem to find the transmission rubber hose online. And I don't know the dia, too
Any input? Thanx!

EDIT:
Of course - found it the moment I posted
So, is it better to take this hose and cut the hard lines, or maybe easier to take two of these (and if so, what's with the metal-tube-part? I thought I'd get just the rubber hose with connectors, and that it's as easy as disconnect-reconnect )

That hose is EXACTLY the hose you wanna buy, that's what I got for mine and the diameter is correct.

You need the metal line to still come off the tranny as well as the radiator. Do what we've told you to do, which is cut the metal lines after the fittings. You're only replacing the rubber hose, by cutting it this way only the rubber hose will be removed. Slide the new rubber hose over both ends of the metal line (about 3-4 inches) and clamp in on... Takes 15 minutes, if that.... Simple fix.
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:33 AM   #18
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

Tube ordered. Will be cutting the lines as suggested. Thanx again, this is one great forum!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.