What have you broken on your ZJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What have you broken on your ZJ

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 07-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #46
Area11
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclark25 View Post

my story is quite a bit different... the door has saged since i got the jeep, and i never did anything about it. because of that, i slammed it one day and the bolts holding the latching mechanism to the inside of the door pulled through the door.

it was an interesting 6 mile drive back home.

picture shows how i fixed it.
Nice. My original drivers door had something like what the pic shows but instead of plates of steel, the guy used big washers on the bolts. The bolts would start to come out randomly too. My Junk Yard door is perfect though, It was the only one there so I got really lucky. 96 Laredo door on a 98 Limited,lol. Im also lucky that all of the panel switches were the same. I kept the orignal panel and put it on the 96 door.

Area11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.