So far (owned the ZJ from July '10, ~95k miles when I bought it)
* Water pump and serp. belt replaced at 100k (was a known problem)
* New battery (the one that came in it was crap, worked fine up until beginning of winter - no juice for cranking on cold weather)
* Rear wheel bearings -> eventually replaced the whole D44a due to bad pinion and carrier bearings
* Blew the long side CV joint on the front axle
* Drivers' side CV joint has lots of play in it -> will probably blow the next time I go wheeling
(will be ordering a set of cromo shafts to the HP D30 I just installed)
* Banged the stock muffler into a very weird shape. It didn't like rocks obviously
* Both front-end LCA mounts on the uniframe are slightly twisted on the bottom (needs gussets on the bottom and sides)
* Drivers' side rear LCA mount has a big dent in it
* Two big dents (~ 3" long, 1" deep) on the uniframe on both rails close to rear LCA mounts.
* All four stock LCAs resembled more of a corkscrew than LCAs when they were replaced with adjustable lowers.
* Three of the four UCAs were bent as well when replaced with adjsutable uppers
* A small dent on the rear DS yoke ear at the axle end (rock rash)
* A big dent right in the middle of the tranny oil pan (must've gotten hit by a tree stump since there are no scrathes or rough edges
* Broken drivers' side taillight
* Dent on the rear hatch close to the above mentioned taillight (I was trying to go up a rock ledge in winter in deep snow - ended up sliding backwards to a tree at slow speed)
* A three inch thick fallen pinetree snapped under my front tire, lifting the wrong end of the tree up from the ground and penetrating the BFG MT/KM2 through-and-through (outer sidewall through the other sidewall) - tire was a total loss
* Quite a big dent on one of my wheels on the inside lip (hit by a rock I'm pretty sure)
This being my daily driver and a weekend wheeling warrior, I don't have much damage on it. Apart from the dent in the rear hatch, all the sheetmetal looks more or less pristine like it came from the factory. Everything else IMO is normal trail carnage
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 LX daily driver, 1.75" BB, 32" KM2s, HPD30 Eaton e-locker/D44a stock LSD, 4.56 gears, custom- fabbed tube bumpers and tube fenders,...
1990 XJ Limited (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, ***rolled and totalled @ 165k miles***
1990 XJ (4-door), 4.0 I6, AW4, NP242, PBR 42" tires, Unimog 404 portal axles, 110" WB, full cage + uniframe completely rebuilt, front 3-link + panhard / double triangulated 4-link rear,...