what do you all think? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > what do you all think?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
BigEag205
2000 WJ 

what do you all think?

instead of replacing the trans in my 95 straight 6, I've found a local 96 limited with 210k for $1,000, black with tan leather int (LOVE the combo). its pretty straight minus a few dents which i can replace with the body panels from my 95 (both black, just diff colored pin stripes which is no prob to fix). Comes with salvage title (a tractor trailer backed into it on top of the fender, top corner of the hood, and mirror). When I say its light damage, thats even over exaggerated...it really just scratched it but due to the value salvaged it out. Comes with ATs in good condition, int is in good condition as well.

Problems with the 96 is the sunroof motor is bad i guess (tis not working but stuck in the closed position thank god). The headliner is sagging just a little in places so thats not a big deal as I'll be dropping the headliner anyways and ill go ahead and replace that (if its the motor thats bad). My main concerns are the AC and driver seat.

AC : When I turned on the AC, it literally smelt like a dead cat or dirty baby diaper was stuck in the system (I about puked lol). He said the AC slowly leaks off once charged and after reading, it looks like the condensers are notorious for leaking, thus forming a type of algae in the box that puts off a nasty smelling fume. Will the AC system out of my 95 i6 work in the 96 v8? I've pulled a dash before (not in a jeep though but i dont see it being much different) just going to have to see if he'll adjust the price for the labor.

Driver Seat : All the functions work besides the vertical motor. The front of the seat will adjust up and down, but the rear part of the bottom of the seat doesn't move and is stuck pretty high (I'm 6'3) making that annoying. Will one function of the vertical motor go out like that or is it possibly something else?

BigEag205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
BigEag205
2000 WJ 

Jeep drove good and shifted well. Owner said the prev. owner put an engine is out of a van with 80k in it (shower him the van it came out of) BUT no proof so I'm expecting it all to be orig 210k
BigEag205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.