What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 08-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #14941
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzly View Post
thats the place i was saying zipties should go, lol

stack them up till you get the right spot
Stacking them sounds like a plan. I thought about just one but I thought it'd probably move over time. I'm pretty tired and really couldn't devise a way to make them not slide. Thanks. Lol.

ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #14942
tizzly
1994 ZJ 

one would move right away
tizzly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #14943
babyboy303

Yesterday my starter gave out on me. Today I pulled it out took it apart to replace the brushes. The brushes were ok so I checked and replaced the silenoid. Starter is back in running order.

Babyboy303 ;0P
babyboy303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #14944
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboy303
Yesterday my starter gave out on me. Today I pulled it out took it apart to replace the brushes. The brushes were ok so I checked and replaced the silenoid. Starter is back in running order.

Babyboy303 ;0P
Sounds like a good quick diagnostics

Replaced my o2 sensor with an NTK one, disconected the battery for the night to help the computer out hopefully, pic of the old sensor: (i like pictures. Lol)

forumrunner_20120819_003958.jpg

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #14945
N3KRV
1995 ZJ 

Well I hadn't done much to my Jeep lately except pull the upper console down, my Roommates idoit friend BROKE the overhead lights! and it was staying on running battery down! well I went and got another consile and put that in but the lights did not work but something still kept draining the battery, so I pulled it down and got another console it had slightly different lights BUT the damned plug was keyed exactly oppiset!, so I took that down and have had to manually lock and unlock the doorsso i'm not sure if I just want to file teh key part off and plug it in or wait to get a nother console of the same style, and threatened the idoit friend that if he touches it again i'll BREAK his damned fingers OFF!, I had an alignment done and the steering gear box tightend up after they did the alignment they said oh BTW I know you had a new gear box put in but you need to get another one because you have too much play in your steering, I had aboout an inch or more of play, I got someone else to tighten up the gear box but now my steering is so tight that if I move the steering wheel the wheels move instantly LOL I dont' know what I like more, steering with a little play in it or the steering with NO play at all, I had to replace the Track link bar and steering damper, that was a pain to remove had to take the lcenter link bar off and take it to a machine shope to have it removed, and I was also told that I now need new ball joints upper and lower! i'm half tempted to also replace the tie rod ends at the same time but OMG they want almost 500.00 in labor to do them all!!! but i've got to get at least the ball joints done by the end of sept. that's when my inspection sticker runs out. but when it's done the whole steering system will be compleatly new.
Paul
N3KRV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #14946
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

Anybody got any good electric fan opption beside the tauras one. Please help.
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #14947
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyZJORVIS
Anybody got any good electric fan opption beside the tauras one. Please help.
Niner e-fan?
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #14948
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

The 2 best proven budget e-fans for ZJs are the niner e-fan and the Taurus e-fan.

Both use the same motor.

At one time, somebody had said they found an e-fan from a PT Cruiser. I didn't hear much about it though, so I can't speak to it.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #14949
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Stacking them sounds like a plan. I thought about just one but I thought it'd probably move over time. I'm pretty tired and really couldn't devise a way to make them not slide. Thanks. Lol.
Zip ties it was. I put four of the lead sinkers on the cable and went to hit the gas to see if they'd stay. They didn't they all popped off. Stupid soft metal... I ended up using 7 zip ties in a row to get the throttle to stay where it's good. At WOT, the pedal doesn't quite reach the floor. I may take out one or two zip ties because of this. I doubt it's an issue though. The throttle body has a stop on it at WOT so I don't think it'll break anything.
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #14950
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Changed the plugs and drove it around for a bit
fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #14951
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
The 2 best proven budget e-fans for ZJs are the niner e-fan and the Taurus e-fan.

Both use the same motor.

At one time, somebody had said they found an e-fan from a PT Cruiser. I didn't hear much about it though, so I can't speak to it.
If that's the case, I wish I would have kept the fan out of my wife's PT Loser we sold. The dealer flipped it at an auction and it was sold to some loser in Chicago who ended up getting the car impounded for unlawful drugs. How do I know this? Because the city of Chicago contacted my wife telling her she had 10 days to get her car out of the impound. We called and they gave us an email address and said they'd be able to get it straightened out. The guy I emailed said that I had to provide 3 legal documents stating that I don't own the car. Yeah right. I wrote a pretty insulting email back and now somewhat am expecting a ticket or court subpoena in the mail because of the email. There's no way I'm taking time out of my busy 50-60 hour work week or having my wife who's 8 months pregnant deal with that.
Unread 08-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #14952
davigzj
1997 ZJ 

What I did was pull the hubs off n put antiseeze on them....
forumrunner_20120819_145029.jpg  
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #14953
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

hankook dynapro atm

got some hankook dynapro atms 225 75 16 they have great tread and arnt noisy at all the ride is soft and well controled with 38.5 psi.some how they cured the death wobble . i got them from discount tire direct. for 5 tires it was $595 not bad i think for an at tire like this . i was going to get a bigger size but i think this will do better in the snow ice slush thats coming up soon
dscf4495.jpg  

Last edited by 970001zj; 08-19-2012 at 03:10 PM..
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 03:47 PM   #14954
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj
got some hankook dynapro atms 225 75 16 they have great tread and arnt noisy at all the ride is soft and well controled with 38.5 psi.some how they cured the death wobble . i got them from discount tire direct. for 5 tires it was $595 not bad i think for an at tire like this . i was going to get a bigger size but i think this will do better in the snow ice slush thats coming up soon
Really like the snowflakes painted black. IMO they look so much better.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #14955
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i like them like this too. they would be much cleaner if i could get the previous owners ridiculous gold crap flaking paint. off heres flat and metal flake .
any suggestions on how to get all the paint off with out taking the tire off the rim? i would like to paint the rims to look new with really good black metal flake
dscf4400.jpg   dscf4522-copy.jpg  
970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.