What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 994 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #14896
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNTTRY

IRO critical path front. Going to order the Clayton triangulated rear LAs, then 7in springs
Nice. I'm getting my IRO cpla front at the end of the month. I'm still tied between the 5.5" or the 7". I'm working on an HP44 for the front but I think that will be a while. Ill probably just get the 7" and wheel it on 35's till it breaks then start working on the axles. I still have to keep up with the other members in the local Jeep club.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #14897
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW23

Nice. I'm getting my IRO cpla front at the end of the month. I'm still tied between the 5.5" or the 7". I'm working on an HP44 for the front but I think that will be a while. Ill probably just get the 7" and wheel it on 35's till it breaks then start working on the axles. I still have to keep up with the other members in the local Jeep club.
7". Go big or go home.
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #14898
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well picked up a new dring tow reciever set up and a new recovery strap, but dumba** me forgot a bolt to go straight through the whole set up in the tow hitch...fail
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #14899
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

36s do not follow 44s
image-2178004159.jpg   image-920361758.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #14900
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Haha that will teach you! Now the interior is ruined.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #14901
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

Not sure if anyone remembers when I came in this thread sayin I threw a rear spring and broke my rear swaybar in a taco bell drive through or not... But when I did, I posted pics of the after math and was told I DID NOT THROW THE SPRING IN THE DRIVE THROUGH! Well, I put the spring back the next day and haven't touched it since! I figured... It's been sitting for over a week... I'm gonna take it to 7-11!! Sure as ****... On my way home as I pull IN THE DRIVE WAY.... I hear BANG!!!! Guess what... Lost a rear spring while not wheeling!

Don't say it can't happen when not flexing! It just did to me a second time! Here's a pic...
image-2813818415.jpg  
FAlfani81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #14902
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAlfani81 View Post
Not sure if anyone remembers when I came in this thread sayin I threw a rear spring and broke my rear swaybar in a taco bell drive through or not... But when I did, I posted pics of the after math and was told I DID NOT THROW THE SPRING IN THE DRIVE THROUGH! Well, I put the spring back the next day and haven't touched it since! I figured... It's been sitting for over a week... I'm gonna take it to 7-11!! Sure as ****... On my way home as I pull IN THE DRIVE WAY.... I hear BANG!!!! Guess what... Lost a rear spring while not wheeling!

Don't say it can't happen when not flexing! It just did to me a second time! Here's a pic...
Hey! Your Jeep's broke

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #14903
sskilla
1995 ZJ 

well where the heck is your post that keeps that from happening???
[SIZE="1"][B]'95 ZJ:[/B] 5.2 v8 / 249 > 242 > 231 Tcase swap / 46RH / 3.5" IRO + 1.5" pucks / IRO Adj Front Lower CA's / IRO Double Shear Adj Track Bar / 33" BFG KM2's / JKS Quicker Disco's / IRO rear end links / Kegger Mod / Super 44 Flowmaster / Novak Cable Shifter / Kevins Radiator Support / JKS Bar pin eliminators / Yukon Chromoly Rear Axles / IRO SS Brake Lines / Stillen cross-drilled rotors / Flowcooler water pump[/SIZE]

[B][I]It's got guts. Jeep guts. Jeep, the toughest four letter word on wheels. F@#% Yeah.[/I][/B]

[size="1"][I]R.I.P. 2000 TJ[/I][/size]
[size="1"][I]R.I.P. '95 YJ[/I][/size]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="IMPACT"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/sskillas-build-thread-1408321"][COLOR="Black"]Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
sskilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #14904
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
Haha that will teach you! Now the interior is ruined.
I know right. Now I'll have to scrap the whole thing.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #14905
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAlfani81 View Post

I fail to see why you didn't go to the parts store to get some exhaust pipe and extend the spring post...Am I wrong for thinking that?
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #14906
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

did nothing today other than let it trade places in storage so i can drive the Vette for a few days

DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #14907
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
The only reason it has worked flawlessly for 6 years is because it knows you have a spare up there. As soon as you take it out it kaboom!
Good point...I think I'll add a second spare Taurus fan
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #14908
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites

I fail to see why you didn't go to the parts store to get some exhaust pipe and extend the spring post...Am I wrong for thinking that?
Lol your not wrong in thinking that at all! I didn't get around to it.

I'm just saying that it's not impossible to throw a spring when not flexed out on a trail like I was told.
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #14909
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAlfani81

Lol your not wrong in thinking that at all! I didn't get around to it.

I'm just saying that it's not impossible to throw a spring when not flexed out on a trail like I was told.
It is impossible if your suspension is built correctly. If you have no post to hold the spring, it will fall out. If you have a post, it is impossible to get the spring past it driving through a drive through.
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #14910
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x

It is impossible if your suspension is built correctly. If you have no post to hold the spring, it will fall out. If you have a post, it is impossible to get the spring past it driving through a drive through.
There is a post. The stock post. That I heard can hold the spring in place even with a BB spacer puck. But like I said originally, with no rear sway bar, you can throw a spring on the streets

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.