What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 991 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 08-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #14851
DarkDaddyT
1993 ZJ 

I dont think they look too bad. I taped over the reverse light section and tinted the rest. Took a whoppin 10 mins

forumrunner_20120815_040355.jpg

DarkDaddyT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #14852
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaddyT View Post
I dont think they look too bad. I taped over the reverse light section and tinted the rest. Took a whoppin 10 mins

Attachment 453154
Nice. I'd love to do that to mine to finish my "blacked out" look. Cops around here are always eyeing me in my ZJ though. It's big, it's black, it's loud, and it draws attention.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #14853
DarkDaddyT
1993 ZJ 

I did that with a $10 can of stuff from AAP.
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #14854
MJ14
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
Is it just the grill? Or like the whole plastic peice behind the grill?
The whole plastic piece behind the grill. The lady who owned the Jeep before me hit a deer and lost the grill and smashed that plastic piece into a bunch of pieces. She also broke the whole passenger side headlight, turn signal, and all that. I bought all brand new headlights and everything for it. The headlights and everything were in about a week ago, just now got the plastic piece for it so I will be putting it together by myself today before work.

Anyone know what in the world I use to put this on? I figured I would get whatever I needed to put it together in the box, but I was mistaken. The Jeep came to me without a grill or this piece, so I have absolutely no idea. I also do not have an owners manual with it. Kind of stuck here.
MJ14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #14855
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ14

The whole plastic piece behind the grill. The lady who owned the Jeep before me hit a deer and lost the grill and smashed that plastic piece into a bunch of pieces. She also broke the whole passenger side headlight, turn signal, and all that. I bought all brand new headlights and everything for it. The headlights and everything were in about a week ago, just now got the plastic piece for it so I will be putting it together by myself today before work.

Anyone know what in the world I use to put this on? I figured I would get whatever I needed to put it together in the box, but I was mistaken. The Jeep came to me without a grill or this piece, so I have absolutely no idea. I also do not have an owners manual with it. Kind of stuck here.
The "plastic" piece is believe you are reffering to is the header panel and it bolts in. Just follow the holes across the top in the front and underneath. It should take no more then 20-30 minutes to put on. Grill then screws into that with screws in the front and bottom. The headlights will bolt into and clip into the header panel.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #14856
MrKeebler26
1994 ZJ 

Played on a loading dock. I was impressed with the flex that the IRO lift has.

image-974524441.jpg

image-491425462.jpg

image-296653748.jpg

image-3675293455.jpg

It is about 4' up on the ledge
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #14857
MrKeebler26
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

The "plastic" piece is believe you are reffering to is the header panel and it bolts in. Just follow the holes across the top in the front and underneath. It should take no more then 20-30 minutes to put on. Grill then screws into that with screws in the front and bottom. The headlights will bolt into and clip into the header panel.
Certifit sells the plastic piece for like $15 look it up online. Then there should be screw fasteners to attach it behind a grille. I had to replace mine after the ex wasted some idiot.
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #14858
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaddyT
You should sand blast and paint your hitch to
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #14859
Midnightluckey
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDaddyT
Holy rusted trailer hitch batman!
95 Limited Chargold ZJ 5.2L -5.5" lift (IRO, Ironman, and RC parts), 33" BFG M/T's, 15x8 procomp crawlers, 242 swap, 2 12" subs, 1000w amp, cherry bomb, full skid package, Kevins rear stealth bumper clone w 3/4" D rings, Rlcwelding front bumper w 3/8" D rings, XRC-8, front tow hooks, 2 daylighter fairlead lights, 2 daylighter windsheild lights, 2 55w driving lights, OBA, Cobra 18 CB, dual 4' whips, RC disconnects, smittybuilt jack, optima yellowtop.
Built not bought #512
Midnightluckey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #14860
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

If its that rusty I hate to see what the under body looks like
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #14861
DarkDaddyT
1993 ZJ 

The hitch is going bye-bye. Its got holes rusting thru it. It looks like the previous owner bathed it in salt. I've got a replacement on the way for it
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #14862
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Took some flex shots on my way home from work today.

Edit: and its running like ****. Just ordered my third o2 sensor in less than a year and a half, and it stalled twice on my way to work.
2012-08-15-17.08.55.jpg   2012-08-15-17.08.18.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #14863
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713
Took some flex shots on my way home from work today.

Edit: and its running like ****. Just ordered my third o2 sensor in less than a year and a half, and it stalled twice on my way to work.
lol I have the same sticker on my back window
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #14864
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Doing the rear main seal. This came out of the bearing cap. What is it???
image-3541454389.jpg  
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #14865
Concolour
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaslug View Post
Doing the rear main seal. This came out of the bearing cap. What is it???
that would be a crankshaft bearing.... don't lose it and put it back in exactly as it came out.... bad things happen otherwise. unless its worn beyond reuse, in which case replace it.
Concolour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.