Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#19,781 ·
Put the first coat on my 8.8, and I made a brace for the truss so the axle tubes don't spin. Even though I welded the tubes, this is just extra insurance.

Attachments

#19,783 ·
Fixed the rear window wiper motor. The electrical contacts weren't connecting with the gear so the wiper would go all the way left and stick. Re-bent the pins and re-greased everything while it was apart and works like new! Now I have a reason to get a new wiper blade.

Also put a new lock solenoid in the liftgate while I was back there. The old one only worked 1 out of 3 times. Hehe.

#19,784 ·
Have any of you completely straight piped a 4.0? Like cat delete and everything? I'm thinking of doing it just curious as to what it sounds like...
Check out my YouTube channel, MrHyperlyte. There's a video of my 4.9 with an empty cat, thrush muffler, and downturn pipe. FYI, sounds like **** if it dumps under the truck... I currently have the exhaust removed pending re-work. In my video you can hear how the empty cat causes a rice burner revurb... Not ideal... My state has inspections so I have to have the cat, and I have a Jet chip in it normally. So during inspection I take it out and it runs very lean. Otherwise it would fail every time.

Here's a link to it:

I have not gotten a MIL with the empty cat, but the O2 sensor is still installed. The lower back pressure helps her run cooler I have found, but am waiting until I explode the welded thrush muffler from fuel fume backup while descending hills.

#19,786 ·
Is there any good way to pull out the front metal bumper support? Mine kinda got caved in this weekend :laugh:

Now my passenger side fog is recessed back in the front bumper and looks goofy..

#19,788 ·
Made a short idle vid of my 4.0

Exhaust is all 2.5" with a header.

Magnaflow metallic spun cat
Magnaflow muffler
Magnaflow tip

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#19,789 ·
nickpequignot said:
Big c clamp, about 3-6 in piece of flat steel a chain and a tree
Ok..... Ummmm how can I make a new bracket for the fog light then? That's seems easier

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#19,790 ·
Unplugged my upstream o2 and reset computer. Drove for a while got p0132 code for the unplugged o2 sensor, obviously. No p0171 code though so hopefully I just need a new upstream o2 to fix the p0171 issue. But was also thinking if the o2 sensor is unplugged how could the computer know its running lean without the sensor in and maybe thats why its not throwing the p0171. But it idles smoother and smells rich if anything and not lean. Doesnt hesitate momentarily from a dead stop like it was with the o2 plugged in. Still lacks a little power though.

Then I ripped apart the 231.

All this

just to remove this

Tomorrow Im going to clean it up and reassemble. Hopefully.

#19,791 ·
took the niner for a little run got to 100mph and the check engine light started flashing was still flashing when i got to 115mph. pulled in to a parking lot about 3 miles down the road from the initial flashing put in neutral gave it a 3k rev... light stopped flashing :dunno: havent seen it the rest of the night :confused:

#19,792 ·
took the niner for a little run got to 100mph and the check engine light started flashing was still flashing when i got to 115mph. pulled in to a parking lot about 3 miles down the road from the initial flashing put in neutral gave it a 3k rev... light stopped flashing :dunno: havent seen it the rest of the night :confused:
On my mustang, when I had a misfire my CEL would flash....

#19,793 ·
I tried to crawl a snow bank lol

Attachments

#19,795 ·
Is there any good way to pull out the front metal bumper support? Mine kinda got caved in this weekend :laugh:

Now my passenger side fog is recessed back in the front bumper and looks goofy..
I had to do this once......chained the hitch of my zj to my truck (blocking the tires wasn't working to well on my gravel driveway and attached my chain come-along to a tree and the front bumper. It actually pulled pretty straight, I was surprised.

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4

#19,797 ·
stopped by the AAA today and paid the $77 for this years tag. kinda rediculous that the tag for a 93 zj is quite a bit more than my 98 jetta DD..... :(
Yeah I have a similar situation.....full insurance for my 93 zj is just as much for my 04 ranger....makes no sense to me...total out the zj...what like 3,000-3,500? Total out my ranger and its over 10,000. You would think they (the insurance company's) would take something like that into consideration.

1993 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.0L AW-4

#19,798 ·
Got my kolak exhaust installed. Magnaflow high flow cat and fm 70 series.. Love it. Barely hear it inside the jeep but nice rumble at low and high rpms. haven't got on it because of the newly rebuilt trans. Btw is gov pressure solenoid better as oem instead of aftermarket?