What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 987 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 08-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #14791
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

Well valve job done!!!!! It was a bi4ch but we got her done and she's running like a champ nomore hesitation at stops and starts nonprescription jerking at a stop its great running like a new one. Love this damn thing geting a new cat a muffler sometime this week hopefully.

forumrunner_20120812_173424.jpg  
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #14792
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713

Its a mix of IRO coils, RE, RC, and Ironman control arms, Clayton front, and JKS rear track bars, and bilsteins. I wont be getting tires until either the winter, or after this school year is over. I have to commute about 50 miles a day for school, so I might as well wear these tires out instead of 33's which is what I plan on getting. I might get some in the winter along with some new steelies, that way I can have them for the month I'm off of school, but thats probably only if I find a good deal on tires at the swap meet or on craigslist.

I actually just finished it up a little while ago. I drove it around town for about 20 minutes. I drove 50 on a newly paved road and shimmied the wheel back and forth a tad and didn't even get a hint of death wobble, and I didn't get any at all the entire time I drove it, which made me pretty happy. The KOR steering stabilizer may be to thank for this. And I didn't even get an alignment yet, so it drives real well for that matter, the only thing is my steering wheel is at the 3 o'clock position.

I do, however, get a vibration at about 20, which is probably one of my pinion angles. Im not gonna do anything with it, though, until I take it to a shop and get everything aligned. I know of a 4x4 shop down the road so Im gonna see if they can dial it in for me, since they could probably do a better job than I can.

On a side note: I ordered the 5100s from Kolak, and while I was putting the rears in, I noticed they were in fact 5125's. Was this by accident?

Now for the pics:
Looking good! The lift Makes those tires look really small now though.
Unread 08-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #14793
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

put my new wheels and rubber on

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #14794
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

^^^ Those Grabbers?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #14795
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

yes 255 70-R16, best bang for my buck

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Unread 08-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #14796
SDHarleydad
1994 ZJ 

This was low buck upgrade weekend...After I bought my 94 I realized that not only did I not have fog lights, but I didnt have cut outs where they could go. I like my yellow fogs. Eventually I will put some kind of bar on the front for driving lights... but I like a set of low yellow fogs to add visibility. I found these small round yellows at O'Reilleys for about $28. I also found some nice Hawaiian seat cover it gray for the seats. My interior doesn't have a rip in it ... but some of the gray is sun bleached. I'm really starting to like this GC
Unread 08-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #14797
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

108*+ in the Vegas valley so we took it up to the ski lodge where it was 56* and lightly raining with cold beer.
picture-11.jpg   picture-9.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #14798
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

lmao ^ polk the grille mod is beast

Unread 08-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #14799
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Wild animals in the woods, better watch out.
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #14800
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower
108*+ in the Vegas valley so we took it up to the ski lodge where it was 56* and lightly raining with cold beer.
Great scenery and cold beer, very jealous! The "mountains" around here are just covered with trees.
RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #14801
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Oh man that scenery! Nothing like a cold beer (or ten) on a hot day.

OT:

Changed my front and rear diff fluids and gaskets. The front one was next to empty and it looks like a lot of fluid had been leaking all around the DS. Thinking it's the pinon seal, which sucks.

Also put on some WBR pads on the front. No more noisy squeaky brakes!

I noticed something weird though, which I thought had stopped. When I went to drive my ZJ up onto the ramps to do the work today, it didn't seem to want to get up them. I would give it gas and the motor would rev but the Jeep wouldn't move, and when it did it grinded a LOT. I find this weird because I can drive the **** out of it and floor it, but when it comes to getting up some small ramps, it grinds? It also grinded last time I had to get up a big hill when I was wheeling. Anybody have any ideas?

Probably transmission related.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #14802
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorbackZJ View Post
Great scenery and cold beer, very jealous! The "mountains" around here are just covered with trees.
There is a little of everything here but the ocean.
picture-12.jpg   picture-13.jpg   picture-14.jpg   picture-15.jpg   picture-16.jpg  

picture-17.jpg   picture-18.jpg   picture-19.jpg   picture-22.jpg  
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #14803
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVASS View Post
Attachment 451553

Got to work on and then play with this bad boy this weekend. 88 nissan pathfinder on 33s. Great looking truck for it's age. Barely and surface rust which I'd amazing for wisconsin winters. Oh and only 200,000 miles.

Attachment 451554

But the ZJ got jealous. Got back in her after driving n wheeling the nissan and she wouldn't start. Starter was finished. Damn jeeps and their feelings!! Haha
Sexy. I drove my Pathfinder yesterday. Today the muffler fell off the ZJ. Twice.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #14804
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

There is a little of everything here but the ocean.
And I thought Vegas was only The Strip.... beautiful scenery..

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #14805
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

What did I do to my zj? What did I do with my zj? same thing right?
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.