What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 979 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #14671
Patriotsfan0613
1993 ZJ 

nope. it just expired..

Patriotsfan0613 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #14672
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotsfan0613
nope. it just expired..
Convient right?
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #14673
Patriotsfan0613
1993 ZJ 

yeah.. but at least its still drive able. his truck on the other hand...
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #14674
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
nope. it just expired..
That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I know how it is to have your zj crashed. I rear ended a Mazda about 2 months ago. I was doing 30-35 zj just needs some tlc. I hope yours Dosnt get totaled.
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #14675
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
yeah.. but at least its still drive able. his truck on the other hand...
That's how mine was. I drive home 45 min and the Mazda was being loaded on a flat bad as I was leaving after it was all said and done
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #14676
Patriotsfan0613
1993 ZJ 

well, it has already been totaled once...
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:36 PM   #14677
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I get a call today from my friend while I was finishing up at the gym. He needed me to come and pick him up at the East Chicago train station and drive him to his car that was supposedly a few miles away, somewhere in East Chicago. I figure why not. I drive up there (about 25 minutes from where I was), pick him up, and begin the hunt for his car. I continue to head up US 41 for quite some time. Eventually, I find myself in downtown Chicago still driving to his car that was only a couple miles away. Needless to say, he lied and I had to go pretty far out of my way to get him taken care of. While I was entering the parking garage where he had his car parked, I decided to pop the Jeep into 4 low and "climb" the hill. I had it up at about 4 grand and was tapping the throttle. It was extremely loud and I actually got the tires to chirp each time I did it. Normally, I don't mess around like that, but it seemed like it'd be fun for a change. When I got the the level right before the ticket gate, all the security guards came out to see what was making all the ruckus. I decided to exit at that point before any of them had the opportunity to say anything to me.

What ended up happening to my buddy's car was he drove to work and took the train home. He had been taking the train to work for a couple months and decided to drive to work today. Well, he forgot he drove to work and hopped on the train to go back home. He was afraid to call his mom or dad because they'd probably kick his *** for it, literally. How do you forget you drove to work? How absent minded do you have to be?
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #14678
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
I get a call today from my friend while I was finishing up at the gym. He needed me to come and pick him up at the East Chicago train station and drive him to his car that was supposedly a few miles away, somewhere in East Chicago. I figure why not. I drive up there (about 25 minutes from where I was), pick him up, and begin the hunt for his car. I continue to head up US 41 for quite some time. Eventually, I find myself in downtown Chicago still driving to his car that was only a couple miles away. Needless to say, he lied and I had to go pretty far out of my way to get him taken care of. While I was entering the parking garage where he had his car parked, I decided to pop the Jeep into 4 low and "climb" the hill. I had it up at about 4 grand and was tapping the throttle. It was extremely loud and I actually got the tires to chirp each time I did it. Normally, I don't mess around like that, but it seemed like it'd be fun for a change. When I got the the level right before the ticket gate, all the security guards came out to see what was making all the ruckus. I decided to exit at that point before any of them had the opportunity to say anything to me.

What ended up happening to my buddy's car was he drove to work and took the train home. He had been taking the train to work for a couple months and decided to drive to work today. Well, he forgot he drove to work and hopped on the train to go back home. He was afraid to call his mom or dad because they'd probably kick his *** for it, literally. How do you forget you drove to work? How absent minded do you have to be?
I had been having a pretty sh**** night. And that kinda made me laugh.
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #14679
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

I had wondered why my AC unit always left a puddle on the ground, most vehicles don't do this.
The AC unit has been working fine, but I took it in for a radiator / heater core flush and have them check the AC unit.
The AC unit needed recharging, was about 1/2 low and this will cause more condensation and pudding.

You can see the puddle here:

Trying to get this jeep ready for a long drive next week up to Mammoth California for a run to some high lakes and ghost towns.
The main trip up there will be Bridgeport to Bodie.
Unread 08-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #14680
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
IMO something about them corner lights seem out of place on your rig
I do however think that water mark on the hood would be sweet

Ontopic:
took a picture of it, I think she's got the itch

Last edited by squazz; 08-09-2012 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Spare will be moved it's just up there for storage
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #14681
Scottm2010
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMCZJ95

I'm at the Academy, come pick me up!
Sorry, I just saw this!

I took some pictures of it today.
image-3271663323.jpg   image-3133439005.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/liberator-mini-build-1183762
Scottm2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #14682
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzly View Post
Finaly fixed the discount tire shop f-up. called them up and asked how tight they make the lugs. The reply I got- we torque them to factory specs.
My thoughts on that- useing their custom made torque wrench with specially upgraded air hose attachment used by a guy who didnt graduate middle shool

Factory specs for lug nuts- 80 to 110 ft lbs
I decided never to go to Discount Tire ever again, when they tried to tell me I had 5x6.5" wheels on my 5x4.5" Jeep. Idiot kid told me I'd have to buy 4 new wheels and tires if I wanted them to replace the one tire that was coming apart. I told him to give me my keys and I walked out. Went to Walmart. Never had a problem with them and tires. (Never get a Walmart oil change though. Cross-threaded drain plugs are no fun)

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #14683
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
I decided never to go to Discount Tire ever again, when they tried to tell me I had 5x6.5" wheels on my 5x4.5" Jeep. Idiot kid told me I'd have to buy 4 new wheels and tires if I wanted them to replace the one tire that was coming apart. I told him to give me my keys and I walked out. Went to Walmart. Never had a problem with them and tires. (Never get a Walmart oil change though. Cross-threaded drain plugs are no fun)
They put my treadwrights on the first time and they thought they were really old MTR's and kept telling me they would wear out in a month. When I went to get the spare put on they wouldn't because someone realized they were retreads. Then they tried to get me to nark on the guy who put my other tires on lol I gave them the finger and went to Walmart. 8 bucks for one tire balanced and bought ammo at the same time.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #14684
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I took pictures of it today too!

hahaha
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #14685
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister
I took pictures of it today too!

hahaha
Atleast you stayed with the unibody

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.