What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 967 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #14491
Jonassr
1994 ZJ 

Changed 4WD transfer case oil. Actually there wasn't much oil to change, so just added about 2 litres. Removed headlights, grill and radiator - found out the former owner put in a chinese radiator replacement! Argh. Must buy new radiator and the plastic thing behind the grill, as it was broken into 4 pieces... Tomorrow will change more oil and hopefully put the front back together.

Jonassr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #14492
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

The plastic behind the grill is called the header. Incase you need to look for the part.

Went and got the fel pro valve cover gaskets and a 180* stat but forgot to get the darned thermostat housing gasket

Now all I need are that gasket and the 703 rebuild kit. Now the wife can almost stop giving me the evil eye.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #14493
mikeysjeep1995
1995 ZJ 

AX15 ZJ swap 95 jeep grand cherokee

i finely got my AX15 in my jeep the other day after working on it for 3 weeks one thing they don't tell you in the wright ups is that u have to buy the flywheel for the 5 speed for your model jeep but i got it fixed and it runs grate it is now ready for the 8in lift i will have pics up soon
mikeysjeep1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #14494
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Finished for now.
image-1606982375.jpg  
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #14495
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69
Finished for now.
Looks good!
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #14496
bananaslug
1996 ZJ 

Gave Stella a bath and changed the d35 diff fluid
image-327016743.jpg   image-755834134.jpg  
bananaslug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #14497
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

Honestly, when my ZJ runs fine it is an amazing vehicle, and I honestly love it; that's why I put up with all the problems, hoping that in the near future she will be mint
I've been the same way, now I'm at the point of financial problems if I keep it, id have to spend as much if not more then what its worth just to get it back up to excellent running condition. Considering saying good buy and finding a nice used wrangler
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #14498
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
I've been the same way, now I'm at the point of financial problems if I keep it, id have to spend as much if not more then what its worth just to get it back up to excellent running condition. Considering saying good buy and finding a nice used wrangler
Sinner! You never know when you're just buying someone elses problems. I bought my ZJ at 104k, has 155 on it now and have had no MAJOR problems (knock on wood). Considering I bought it in Pennsylvania (not sure if that qualifies as the salt belt, but I have taken it home to Wisconsin many times) The worst that has happened is a blown water pump, a few radiators, and a blown brake line. You could easily get a wrangler that has FAR more problems than if you just got another ZJ (opportunity for a 5.9?)

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #14499
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonzj View Post
You think a Wrangler will be any less trouble?
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #14500
EBrunson
1996 ZJ 

Water Pump

Finally drove my new-to-me Black 1996 ZJ Limited 5.2 4X4 to Midland from Dallas. It made the trip, but not before the water pump took a dump on me in Abilene. PepBoys helped me out with a new Bosch water pump (#98170) and a new Dayco Serpentine Belt (#5070890) plus coolant, all to the tune of $500. I know I could have done this a whole lot cheaper myself but...

Eddie
EBrunson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #14501
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings View Post
Sinner! You never know when you're just buying someone elses problems. I bought my ZJ at 104k, has 155 on it now and have had no MAJOR problems (knock on wood). Considering I bought it in Pennsylvania (not sure if that qualifies as the salt belt, but I have taken it home to Wisconsin many times) The worst that has happened is a blown water pump, a few radiators, and a blown brake line. You could easily get a wrangler that has FAR more problems than if you just got another ZJ (opportunity for a 5.9?)
Mines at 185k, it's been awesome. Well for me, but had major electrical problems 2 years after it was bought (so 1997) But I'm already at XXX(x).xx for this crap of an electrical issue (hoping for a simple fix). Around 500-800 maybe more for brake and vacumee replacement. New powersteering pump and a few hundred in fluids and a new muffler, just to be back to good running condition (not including what I want to do to it.) If this starting issue isn't a simple fix, i could spend a butt load of money just trying to figure out what is wrong. And i'm not dumping anymore for fixing til this starting is solved. Not to mention I get a little nervous with how hot everything keeps getting under my hood (engine runs cool, but man does it put off HEAT.) I wouldn't mind a 5.9 but finding one is another story for me.
tucsonzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #14502
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

GOt the rear drive shaft in.... Just as for the Linkage... Any ideas? It will not unstick so i can adjust for 2wd!
Unread 08-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #14503
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

depending on what year wrangler (TJ) you can get a 5.9l grand cherokee for cheaper
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #14504
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

well a week ago today i changed my radiator. got a stick through last time i went wheeling. so i had some sheet metal laying areound so i made a little brush guard for the radiator condensor. apparently when you take the bumper cover off its pretty open. i'll be painting it tomorrow when i can pick up some bed liner cans.
radiator-guard.jpg   radiator-guard-2.jpg  
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #14505
iser
1997 ZJ 

started lifting my jeep today. half way through the front. finishing it up tomorrow.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/isers-build-thread-1401938/"][B]MY BUILD THREAD LINK[/B] - [I]Updated on THU 23MAY2013[/I][/URL]

[B]Specs[/B]- 97 ZJ 5.2L - 4" Zone Lift - 285/75R16 Cooper STT
[B]Upcoming Projects[/B]- Front Axle Swap. On the look out for HP30.

[B][I]"lead me, follow me or get the hell out of my way"[/I][/B]
- gen. george patton
iser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.