What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 944 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-22-2012, 11:42 PM   #14146
RazorbackZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer

I designed the rock guards where they would fit my Niner without having to remove the plastic rocker covers.
With this designed, less ground clearance is loss than what many of the other bolt on ones do.
The lowest point is about 1.25" below the pinch seam and 19 bolts hold each one in place.
They are a little overbuilt using DOM 1.25 od x 0.25 tubing, but better having them extra strong.

I also like being able to grab the inside bars when sliding under the Jeep to do work.
Very nice!

RazorbackZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #14147
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

I designed the rock guards where they would fit my Niner without having to remove the plastic rocker covers.
With this designed, less ground clearance is loss than what many of the other bolt on ones do.
The lowest point is about 1.25" below the pinch seam and 19 bolts hold each one in place.
They are a little overbuilt using DOM 1.25 od x 0.25 tubing, but better having them extra strong.

I also like being able to grab the inside bars when sliding under the Jeep to do work.
Kinda fell in love with them. Your rig just amazes me.
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #14148
DBitts011
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Washed, waxed, cleaned, also did some cleaning and waxing to the underside.
Then went for a drive up into the mountains and took some photos.
This is just downright amazing. They only thing that I would do different is instead of the 4 lights on the bar, I'd run the led light bar, saw one today on another niner at the jeep show, looked sooo good!!
DBitts011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:29 AM   #14149
rockin95zj
1995 ZJ 

just bought another one. 5.2 97 limited. it was a steal so i couldn't resist. for $750 I'm not complaining.

so far...

new header panel as the original was broke.
grille modification.
new cherry bomb turbo. sounds fantastic. but i want to get a cut out.
repainted the hood and door. as the door was green and hoods clear coat was pealing and ruined the paint.
seat covers as the leather was completely tore up.

mechanically, everything works. the only thing i dont know if it works or not is the heated seats (I'm not going to try when its 102 degrees outside)

although i would like to slap the original owner as he completely tore up the interior. the only thing held on securely with screws or bolts is the dash. (dont want to be racist or anything, but its the truth. if you push the memory seat buttons, the seat goes all the way down, leans back, and the radio goes to the local rap station... the guy i bought it from had it for about 6 months (was white.). moved to an apartment complex, only 2 cars, had 3, thats how i got it for cheap. he said he was going to restore it but it just sat there.)

its all back together and paint is done. just too dark right now to take pics. going to the junk yard this week to find a u-joint front driveshaft, a selec-track np-242 and possibly buy a new interior, they have about 16 ZJ's at the junkyard here in colorado so I'm good there.
screen-shot-2012-07-23-1.07.20-am.jpg   screen-shot-2012-07-23-1.07.12-am.jpg   screen-shot-2012-07-23-1.07.27-am.jpg   screen-shot-2012-07-23-1.07.34-am.jpg  
rockin95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #14150
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Nice grill mod, any pics of the process? In the first pic, I thought the jeep was dark blue but the rest it looks black. Helluva deal getting a grand for under a grand
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:43 AM   #14151
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
These are the only pics I got of wheeling this weekend. We only had a rhino and a grizzly 660. When my zj is done if love to go back out there and wheel. We we're on private land about 30min north of pittsburg,PA.
I wish my zj hadn't died earlier in the week, we could have went wheelin!
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #14152
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBitts011 View Post
This is just downright amazing. They only thing that I would do different is instead of the 4 lights on the bar, I'd run the led light bar, saw one today on another niner at the jeep show, looked sooo good!!
There's 6 lights up there in the front, also 2 in the rear and 2 more on the grille guard.
The 4 on the top are low profile fog lights mounted upside down in the housings where the light cutoff helps to keep light off the hood and also shines up higher this way.
The 2 outside ones are mounted with a rubber bushing between them and the driving lights below them. This makes them easy to turn for aiming further out to the sides.
These 4 top lights are a little lower than the bar behind them and have very little wind resistances. Also there is no wind noise with this setup.

I also have 10 high intensity LED rock lights that I still need to install under the jeep.
Unread 07-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #14153
micellis
1998 ZJ 

Rockin95zj.. what part of CO are you in?
micellis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #14154
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBitts011 View Post
Drove my zj to the jeep show, between my buddy and I we dropped 900 on new toys and items needed for my jeep and his CJ. Plus I got to see some amazing jeeps!
yeah york police were pulling JEEPS over left and right, got there at 4 on Sunday everyone was leaving seen 1 zj RED had NJ tags and blacked out tailights and turn signals

ontopic: did some hellasious donuts in the niner

note to self dont take it to the bar no more (some one buy this beast off me before I **** it up)
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #14155
psychwarfare
1997 ZJ 

finally replaced the governor pressure sensor and solenoid and gave it a new filter, fel-pro gasket and synthetic fluid change - all a week after her last change...

now the truck is shifting properly thank goodness. but i do have to adjust the shift cable as upshifts from 1-2 are coming around 3k RPM but will shift at 2k when i let off the gas. might also test the TPS.

all the same, the fluid was in terrible condition after a week of driving the truck to/from work and not having addressed the solenoid issues (since they didn't arrive when expected)...i'll see how this fluid holds up now that shifts are okay and the trans isn't being abused trying to get it to shift into 2nd

of note: the advance auto parts near me that I like frequenting is out of the normal filter/gasket set and reported that it is being discontinued. ended up having to go to Auto Zone to get a new filter (I hate Auto Zone).
psychwarfare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #14156
DBitts011
1997 ZJ 

All new lugs today, old ones were shot
DBitts011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #14157
cubewhiz
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My gf pulled my rearview mirror off yesterday, so I had to put it back on.
--------
My new Jeep: 95 ZJ with 4.0L I6 (auto trans)
cubewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #14158
rockin95zj
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micellis View Post
Rockin95zj.. what part of CO are you in?
Littleton / highlands ranch
rockin95zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #14159
TurboTPI
1995 ZJ 

Pulled the jeep in the shop today to check the a/c since its supposed to be 100 degrees here in Chicago today. Pretty happy with how the a/c is working. Blowing about 40 degrees. And that is in 95 ambient temp and very high humidity. Gotta love this old junk box. Haha
image-2309547590.jpg  
09 Polaris Dragon 800 (His)
TurboTPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #14160
cw12079
1996 ZJ 

Got rear ended by some a-hole who wasn't paying attention.
cw12079 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.