What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 937 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #14041
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Converted my parking lights in to Running lights and took off the 1 remaining center Cap
I really like that.. Write up on how you did that??

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #14042
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyjeep View Post
Use GUNK brand degreaser gel. Idk where your located but autozone had a 2 for1 special til the 21st of July. Stuff works like magic. Spray it on 15 mins n hose right off. good luck on your leaks. I'm hoping I got mine all settled.
Guy at work told me about that, I did buy a gallon of the "purple power" because autozone had a special for 1gal and get shop towels for free . It didn't work too bad. Just a pain having to go through and fix all the PO's mistakes and lack of maintenance but I did get it for 300$ so whats one to expect

OT- Drove it around this morning just because I wanted to go drive it. Hopefully Pick-N-Pull adventure later today for some tow hooks
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #14043
DBitts011
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyZJORVIS

What grille is that it looks alot different.
A 5.9 grill
DBitts011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #14044
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Went to the shop this morning to get the freon drained out of my a/c system and the guy said its bone dry. So since it doesn't want to hold a charge for more than 2 months, I said **** it, bought a bypass pulley for $40 and called it a day.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #14045
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Added the "No No" button lol. I wired up some extra drivin lights and mounted the switch.
They are small but bright as all hell lol

Sent from my iPhone
image-569971207.jpg   image-1177454680.jpg  
Unread 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #14046
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Rider
Added the "No No" button lol. I wired up some extra drivin lights and mounted the switch.
They are small but bright as all hell lol

Sent from my iPhone

image-2997088032.jpg

Here's my light switch
Unread 07-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #14047
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

My dad had one layin around the shop and i asked to use it but it was missing the ground, it was snapped off. I like that style more than the one i have now because mine sticks out like a sore thumb...

I might change it later on tho.
Unread 07-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #14048
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie_Rider
My dad had one layin around the shop and i asked to use it but it was missing the ground, it was snapped off. I like that style more than the one i have now because mine sticks out like a sore thumb...

I might change it later on tho.
I got just a normal 15amp toggel switch. I almost forget its there sometimes. Lol
Unread 07-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #14049
Okie_Rider
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
I got just a normal 15amp toggel switch. I almost forget its there sometimes. Lol
Lol it was late at night and i was tired and i just wanted to get those dang things mounted so i used that switch for now
Unread 07-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #14050
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Drive around buddy found a trail so we explored. Made a short video driving down it and took a few pictures. Too bad there has been no rain lately or it might have been better.

image-2343379843.jpg

image-934386892.jpg
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #14051
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Picked up 5 gallons of 80w-90 gear oil. Have to get some friction modifier for the rear LSD.

Got stuck with water to the windshield, pretty sure I killed my alternator, need to remember to turn off the Efan before crossing, and amazed the jeep can idle with the exhaust over a foot under water and keep it clear of clogging.

On the fence...35" MTs on my 4.5" lift, or front locker first? I'm still on brand new BFG ATs 31x10.5, as I've had them on other trucks and they've never let me down.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #14052
bettyjeep
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

Here's my light switch
I like! How would one go about fixing that up? I think my panels got a short somewhere cuz the lights don't all go on. I've not even thought of where to start w that.
bettyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #14053
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyjeep

I like! How would one go about fixing that up? I think my panels got a short somewhere cuz the lights don't all go on. I've not even thought of where to start w that.
Just took the lower dash out. Drill a 1/2 hole for the switch put it in wire it up and call it good. I'm going to upgrade my lights and get relays
Unread 07-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #14054
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Just took the lower dash out. Drill a 1/2 hole for the switch put it in wire it up and call it good. I'm going to upgrade my lights and get relays
Nick, I believe you said in another post that the switch is a 15amp toggle. Are you running the full power load of your lights thru this switch alone or does the switch control a relay and the relay handles the heavy load. If the switch is carring the full load of the lights on it's own, I would highly reccomend setting up a relay close to the battery and running the lights strait off the relay. Let the switch turn the relay on and off so you dont have that little switch and the wiring working hard and hot increasing the chances of meltdown and failure.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #14055
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411

Nick, I believe you said in another post that the switch is a 15amp toggle. Are you running the full power load of your lights thru this switch alone or does the switch control a relay and the relay handles the heavy load. If the switch is carring the full load of the lights on it's own, I would highly reccomend setting up a relay close to the battery and running the lights strait off the relay. Let the switch turn the relay on and off so you dont have that little switch and the wiring working hard and hot increasing the chances of meltdown and failure.
That they are. I have the relays and 50ft of 14 ga I just need to get new lights and get time to actually put it all in. I never use them though

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.