What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 936 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #14026
johnt671
1998 ZJ 

Got A/C today. Best part is it was fairly cheap. Advance Auto had a deal for a discount so I got a new [not rebuilt] compressor for $130. Took the ZJ to the shop today to see just how bad the system was, and it turned out that it was still full and holding pressure so it was just a matter of installing the compressor and refilling the system. All for 280 bucks. I'm so happy and cool now!

johnt671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #14027
davigzj
Have ZJ will Travel

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt671
Got A/C today. Best part is it was fairly cheap. Advance Auto had a deal for a discount so I got a new [not rebuilt] compressor for $130. Took the ZJ to the shop today to see just how bad the system was, and it turned out that it was still full and holding pressure so it was just a matter of installing the compressor and refilling the system. All for 280 bucks. I'm so happy and cool now!
Nice Deal..I need the drier it's plugged from PO filling it with stop leak junk. Orifice was plugged ..will need a flush n drier...JEEP...
davigzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #14028
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchd View Post
I really need to get me a nice and clean black 5.9 grill
You really only need to find a clean 5.9 grille. Mine was slate. I painted it and cleared it the day it arrived. I didn't spend more than $25 in paint and clear coat. Hopefully I can find some black paint laying around the house to paint the trans cooler so I don't have to go buy any.
1997 ZJ TSi - 5.2L, 242, ~4" of IRO lift, IRO short arms & adj. TBs, JKS Discos & BPEs, DT3000s, Aussie out back, sliders, OEM skids/hooks/hitch, 31" Duratracs, 15x8 Stealth Crawlers, Niner grille, e-fan, Magnaflow stuff, HO alt, "mean eyes", tinted signals & tails, clear corners, sound system, cloth seats
1994 Caprice - "SQL Lab", HO charging system, SS suspension, show car in progress, some tasteful show mods...
2014 Silverado 1500 - DD on order
2010 Terrain - wife's DD, bone stock
2010 Gary Fisher Utopia - Black Ops platform pedals, SRAM X.9 shifters, BB7 calipers/G3 CS discs, NightRider Rebel 3.0 computer

Build Thread
Black Jeep Society
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #14029
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL
Drove for 3 hours to 7 parts stores to find a damn upper rad hose, finally got home and changed the old one out, and it had a dirty hole in it. Put the new one on and WTF still a slow leak! The rad looks fine, I'm stumped and fed up!
Same prob don't overheat and blow a head gasket like me just get the new Rad and thermostsat change it out go on. Its about 150 bucks
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #14030
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt671
You could've done all of that yourself that about the easiest thing now a days that anyone can refill any system.
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #14031
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyZJORVIS View Post
You could've done all of that yourself that about the easiest thing now a days that anyone can refill any system.
I disagree.

Not just "anyone" can recover the freon without releasing it into the atmosphere. Just because the EPA says it "might" be okay and they won't fine you for doing it, doesn't mean it is safe for our air.

Also, getting the right amount of PAG oil isn't all that easy without tools, and the gauge on that Autozone/Napa/Carquest/O'Reilly can of freon isn't as accurate as a full gauge set when you're filling it back up.

Your Shop-Vac won't pull a good enough vaccuum to pull all the oxygen out either.

Some things you just have to pay a shop for, in my opinion.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #14032
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
^^I agree^^
riot1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #14033
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbyZJORVIS View Post
Same prob don't overheat and blow a head gasket like me just get the new Rad and thermostsat change it out go on. Its about 150 bucks
I JB welded the **** out of all around where the hose meets the rad and the leaking seems to be much less now. T stat is new, but a new rad is in order asap!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #14034
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

I exchanged 2 Moog tie rods and a Fenco steering box under the lifetime warranty! Install tomorrow!

I'm closer to Grand slam Uwharrie
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #14035
AlphaLorde
1998 ZJ 

Did a few things

Installed a reman starter
Monkeyed with some more fiberglass to cover some oxidating sheet metal
Added another 1/0 battery ground
Replaced front pads and rotors

Also fixed my dirty *** grease gun. It works awesome now.

Got all this accomplished tonight with a little help
Unread 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #14036
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL

I JB welded the **** out of all around where the hose meets the rad and the leaking seems to be much less now. T stat is new, but a new rad is in order asap!
Get an all aluminum one, mine has survived a couple years now and can keep engine cool with the Efan off unless under a huge load(like being stuck or towing).
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #14037
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Got my TYC lights from amazon today
Man, that really brightens up the front end, looks good!!
Kinda like orbit for your jeep, whightens her smile.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #14038
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davigzj View Post
Converted my parking lights in to Running lights and took off the 1 remaining center Cap
Looks nice!! What are you running for a flasher? I bought a 5 prong Tridon ep-27 (rated for led lighting) thinking it would stop my fast flash when the parking lights were turned on.

Well, it did but it also caused a new problem. With the key on, the relay would cycle even when no blinkers were being used. The fast flash symptom was gone but I can't imagine why the relay is clicking without any switches being used (turns or hazzards.) I returned it and reinstalled my oem flasher.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #14039
bettyjeep
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious

Yeah gonna wait until tonight and get under there with some light and scrub that grease and oil off gonna be a great time
Use GUNK brand degreaser gel. Idk where your located but autozone had a 2 for1 special til the 21st of July. Stuff works like magic. Spray it on 15 mins n hose right off. good luck on your leaks. I'm hoping I got mine all settled.
bettyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 04:06 AM   #14040
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Kids these days and their lights
I abandoned the heep for a few days to go to Louisville. Hopefully tackling "operation boatsides" on sunday

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.