What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 925 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #13861
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings View Post
Tell him to give it to you for free or thousands of jeep forum members are going to hunt him down for his negligence towards such a beautiful creature. Or tell him since they swapped a 5.9 in place of the stock 4.7, that it kills the value of the cj
They are asking 7k I told him I will give them 4k
They also told me that the PO has re-geared it, put lockers, lift kit, "custom exhaust".. once again I laughed. then went to explaining that I want to open up both diffs and look for myself they told me "NO" so I told them I'm not paying for something I can't see. Also explained to them how is it lifted (stock shocks/ no spacers). Told me that the hood vents were "custom made". I pulled up pictures of niners for him as well as the user manual to show that they came with the ZJ. So waiting for a call to see what can happen

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #13862
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
They are asking 7k I told him I will give them 4k
They also told me that the PO has re-geared it, put lockers, lift kit, "custom exhaust".. once again I laughed. then went to explaining that I want to open up both diffs and look for myself they told me "NO" so I told them I'm not paying for something I can't see. Also explained to them how is it lifted (stock shocks/ no spacers). Told me that the hood vents were "custom made". I pulled up pictures of niners for him as well as the user manual to show that they came with the ZJ. So waiting for a call to see what can happen

Hopefully they don't have no pride and just admit defeat. That's too bad they're trying to BS you that bad. If they won't let you open it up, make sure it says somewhere on the receipt that you're getting lockers (the kind in the axle, not a box with a padlock in the cargo compartment). 7k? Jeez

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:49 PM   #13863
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings View Post
Hopefully they don't have no pride and just admit defeat. That's too bad they're trying to BS you that bad. If they won't let you open it up, make sure it says somewhere on the receipt that you're getting lockers (the kind in the axle, not a box with a padlock in the cargo compartment). 7k? Jeez
They countered at 5950$ I told them 4k out the door take it or leave it.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #13864
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

Reassembled most of the engine. Just gotta finish the socket removal from the exhaust, reassemble the exhaust, put the exhaust manifolds on and change the oil, and she should be ready to rock.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #13865
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Wheeled it!

Ran Red Cone and Webster Pass here in CO today.

Looks like the hot lead for my starter is about done. Couldn't start it today unless we jumped the hot lead of the solenoid to the battery :
High altitude stall too after steep descents. I'll start out with a tuneup. I haven't done a cap/rotor on the Heep in several years. I'm betting it's overdue.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #13866
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Wheeled it!

Ran Red Cone and Webster Pass here in CO today.

Looks like the hot lead for my starter is about done. Couldn't start it today unless we jumped the hot lead of the solenoid to the battery :
High altitude stall too after steep descents. I'll start out with a tuneup. I haven't done a cap/rotor on the Heep in several years. I'm betting it's overdue.
pics?

The Build:

North Texas Grands:

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
Unread 07-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #13867
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Pics of the wire? Nahh...too dark and dirty

Surprisingly, we only had 15 pics total for today. That's very irregular. None of mine.

In my defense, I did spend the whole time fighting to keep the Heep from stalling, and remembering not to shut it down for fear of not starting back up again.

picture-013-800x600-.jpg
That's Colorado 5.9 and BigDaveZJ in front of me, the track up Red Cone to the right.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #13868
micellis
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites

Surprisingly, we only had 15 pics total for today. That's very irregular. None of mine.

In my defense, I did spend the whole time fighting to keep the Heep from stalling, and remembering not to shut it down for fear of not starting back up again.

That's Colorado 5.9 and BigDaveZJ in front of me, the track up Red Cone to the right.
What part of CO is that? I'm moving there in a couple weeks. Golden
micellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #13869
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Splashed a lot today, floated, then stalled out furring this little puddle.

Ended up being the fuel pump harness disconnected. Plugged back together and viola!!!
image-3415329053.jpg  
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #13870
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites

Freakin gorgeous. Wish Texas was interesting to look at

The Build:

North Texas Grands:

Grand Slam Texas!:
Unread 07-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #13871
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Attached the lights I got at the junk yard
They are pretty cheap looking tho
image-864811011.jpg  
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #13872
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseOR View Post
Drove it home and parked it for the last time. Picked up my new truck and will be parting the ole ZJ out.

If anyone is interested... Let me know via PM
I may be interested in some parts... Any pics of it?
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #13873
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara

I may be interested in some parts... Any pics of it?
Same with me pm please
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #13874
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Changed out battery terminals on both 4.0 and 5.9, much happier. If you're on stock wiring and haven't done so, it's time to clean up the wiring. Also got the 4.0 battery secured finally. Got driver's side cladding on the 5.9 done after scavenging the cladding retainers from a JY run on Saturday morning. Scored some other random little stuff I'll put in the classifieds. Gonna go buy headliner fabric at Jo-Ann's since they had a 50% coupon in the paper for any one item this weekend.
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #13875
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Driving home, hit some sharp speed bumps and heard a loud "clacking" sound... only when it hits a bump quick, maybe blown out shock?... hoping not a bad motor mount although I would think I would see/feel vibration and motor shaking..

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.