Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#18,464 ·
I'm sure everyone on a forum is goin to take my plate number to find out we're I live. Haha. I'm 17 and and don't have anything but an old zj. You can come find me. Haha. I could care less if y'all see my plate number. And yes my name on the forum is my first and last name. I don't really see it being that big of a deal. Sooooo..... How's everyone's Christmas?

#18,465 ·
nickpequignot said:
I'm sure everyone on a forum is goin to take my plate number to find out we're I live. Haha. I'm 17 and and don't have anything but an old zj. You can come find me. Haha. I could care less if y'all see my plate number. And yes my name on the forum is my first and last name. I don't really see it being that big of a deal. Sooooo..... How's everyone's Christmas?
So far so good. My 2year old loves her mega blocks.

#18,467 ·
I tried to put my transfer case linkage back together after blowing it apart last night when I tried to put the ZJ in 4lo (to pull someone out of a ditch). Went back together, worked great until I started the Jeep, at which point it pulled apart again. I've got the bushing kit on the way to rebuild it, but I'm debating whether I should just cough up the $170 for the Novak cable shifter conversion and not have to worry about it.

#18,470 ·
Okay so my grandpa thinks he's real funny. Well he works at the recycling center here in town. And someone brings in an old cobra cb. It's like a model 40 or somthin.i don't even know if it works or not. But he takes it puts it in a box and wraps it up for me. I'm told I have to open that one box first. So I do. After I open it he says," your good at fixing things. I figured you could make that work." Haha. But then I did end up with the midland. Which seems like a good radio. I can't wait to get it in and tuned.

#18,471 ·
Okay so my grandpa thinks he's real funny. Well he works at the recycling center here in town. And someone brings in an old cobra cb. It's like a model 40 or somthin.i don't even know if it works or not. But he takes it puts it in a box and wraps it up for me. I'm told I have to open that one box first. So I do. After I open it he says," your good at fixing things. I figured you could make that work." Haha. But then I did end up with the midland. Which seems like a good radio. I can't wait to get it in and tuned.
Midland are good little radios. I'll take the cobra if you dont want it... lol

#18,473 ·
work work and more work

In the last week ending today...

Power Steering pump, Governer and servo in the transmission with new filter and fluid, Air Idle Sensor, Replaced Rotor, Distributor Cap, Wires, and Plugs, Replaced Sway bar links.

To go yet, Steering Stabilizer and Hood Latch Cable then on to bigger and better things....:eek:

#18,475 ·
Myusername1674 said:
Got a new cone filter that actually fits in the cowl without me having to beat it to death! Also put a random spare heat shield from my cat.
I'll bet that kind of functions as a snorkel, too, doesn't it? Although once the waters all the way over your hood you're kind of in trouble anyway.