What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 923 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #13831
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef86 View Post
Replaced oil pressure sending unit, got to buy a special deep as **** socket for it too.
It can't be any different than my 95... No special socket, just grab what looks like a nut at the treaded end of it with a pair of channel-locks & loosen it.

Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #13832
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Just buy the oil pressure switch socket. I think they run like $10 or so...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #13833
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
You're correct I don't, but I don't appreciate some guy that doesn't know me one bit making assumptions.

And yes pulling people out/on is always a good time
With all due respect, your post was very ambiguous. You talked about how you got free beer for pulling people out, then drove home, threw up and passed out. What are people supposed to think? Honestly. I do apologize for making an assumption, but I've had friends get pretty seriously hurt because of drunk drivers. Thankfully, none have been killed by them. Drinking and driving is something that I most definitely don't take lightly, nor should anyone for that matter. I make it a point to call the police when I see a drunk driver on the road and if someone I know tells a story about when they did it, I make my disapproval known. Again, I do apologize.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #13834
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
You're correct I don't, but I don't appreciate some guy that doesn't know me one bit making assumptions.

And yes pulling people out/on is always a good time
I don't think he made an incorrect assumption based on how you told your story. Out at the beach, lots of beer, threw up, lots of spilled beer in the Jeep. What else would you expect someone to think? If you got pulled over with your truck smelling like beer even though you were not drinking would you blame the officer for giving you a breathalyzer? Nothing personal but don't blame him for coming to that conclusion based on the story you told. Besides he was just speaking the truth. Everybody has their own version of "Partying".
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #13835
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz

With all due respect, your post was very ambiguous. You talked about how you got free beer for pulling people out, then drove home, threw up and passed out. What are people supposed to think? Honestly. I do apologize for making an assumption, but I've had friends get pretty seriously hurt because of drunk drivers. Thankfully, none have been killed by them. Drinking and driving is something that I most definitely don't take lightly, nor should anyone for that matter. I make it a point to call the police when I see a drunk driver on the road and if someone I know tells a story about when they did it, I make my disapproval known. Again, I do apologize.
Very true. And very big of u to apologize. And yes, his first post was vague.

So I guess we can all say "No harm no foul". Honest misunderstanding...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #13836
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Apology Accepted.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #13837
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara

It can't be any different than my 95... No special socket, just grab what looks like a nut at the treaded end of it with a pair of channel-locks & loosen it.
No room back there to get channel locks or a crescent. Even my stubby wrenches wouldn't fit. Had to go from top. Just to make sure this is on a 5.2L, sorry if there is any confusion. I'm sure the tool will come in handy since it has a lifetime warranty and I bet it'll go out soon. It was $10, and works on 1-1/16th and 1"s.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #13838
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Apology Accepted.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #13839
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956
Just buy the oil pressure switch socket. I think they run like $10 or so...
X2 what I did turned it into a ten min job.
Unread 07-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #13840
Sarjam
2003 WJ 

Where are you guys getting the socket? I have been putting this off for a while now.
Unread 07-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #13841
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjam View Post
Where are you guys getting the socket? I have been putting this off for a while now.
AutoZone, Advanced.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 07-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #13842
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarjam
Autozone there's only one size 1 1/16.
Unread 07-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #13843
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Went to the junk yard to pick up some parts
Light Bar
2 GE lights from a land Rovers brush guard
Head unit
Tow strap
Cargo area cover

When I put in the cargo area cover It lost its retraction

Any one know how to fix it?
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #13844
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkeye11
Went to the junk yard to pick up some parts
Light Bar
2 GE lights from a land Rovers brush guard
Head unit
Tow strap
Cargo area cover

When I put in the cargo area cover It lost its retraction

Any one know how to fix it?
Sounds like a good day.
Unread 07-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #13845
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Found this at a lot
Have it listed as the 4.7L... (even the plate on it says "59L ZJ")
niner.jpg   niner-2.jpg  

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.