What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 919 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #13771
NewtoZJ
1998 ZJ 

Painted my cladding black with Krylon Fusion today. Need to take off the bumpers and grill.

NewtoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #13772
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincheburro956 View Post
Come pick them up, lol...
I can send you an UPS label all you gotta do is package them up, or drop off to UPS and they will charge my business account for weight.

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #13773
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtoZJ View Post
Painted my cladding black with Krylon Fusion today. Need to take off the bumpers and grill.
I did the same to mine a few months back..... Then I realized how much better it looks with all that plastic cladding off of it

OT: Looked at mine for a few minutes today to figure out what to do next.
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 08:56 PM   #13774
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glued2aPost View Post
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.

Headed back into the woods tonight with a back pack full of things to get it home...or bury it completely in the mud and say it was stolen

Permission for Sig??
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #13775
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

Headed back into the woods tonight with a back pack full of things to get it home...or bury it completely in the mud and say it was stolen
Gets some shovels, wading boots, and some logs, ramps, or 2x4's. Dig it out under the tires as much as possible and start shoving stuff under it. If you have a steel bumper in the front you can jack it up and shove stuff under the tires. That's how I got out both times I thought I would have to junk it. You can see that I started to lose hope when this front end loader was spinning it's tires and couldn't pull me out. He wouldn't lift the bucket up because he was afraid of the chain breaking. That white smoke is one of the plug wires melting. I am pretty sure that I drove into a hole that the front end loader got stuck in before and that's why the ruts were so deep.
In this pic I was stuck for 2 days. No place to tie off to winch out and it was sticky thick mud and I was high centered. The tires were not even touching. We just dug out around the tires and shoved logs under them and eventually drove it out.

Next time get a darn stick and test how deep it is.
1.jpg   2.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #13776
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Mud...

It wasn't too deep just too slick. Verry close call!
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #13777
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

http://asheville.craigslist.org/bar/3091422568.html
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #13778
micellis
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000
Dude ur in Sylva? So am I. Small world!
micellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #13779
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I can send you an UPS label all you gotta do is package them up, or drop off to UPS and they will charge my business account for weight.

ill wait for your pm...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #13780
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Re-fixed my 5.9's intermittent weak starter issue for the second time... this time I installed some marine battery terminals and crimped, then soldered the copper lugs onto what was dirty arse wiring. Starts very strong now compared to the first fix when I cleaned off the terminals at the starter. I'm impressed enough that the 4.0 will get the same thing done tomorrow.
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #13781
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Polka, and JF in general have made me extremely scared of mud and water. I'll keep my ZJ on dirt and rocks I guess
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #13782
Glued2aPost
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Permission for Sig??
Steal it all you like. This doesnt look bad, but its a swamp that's thinly disguised as land. It's basically like wet cement. Wet cement with densely packed roots of trees and grass. It laughs at shovels.

Thanks for the tips all, next adventure to the jeep may involve car ramps and hopefully a large ATV with a winch. I can't find anyone else willing to get their fancy lifted 4x4's dirty

Unread 07-14-2012, 03:54 AM   #13783
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Floated the jeep for the first time. River crossing was about 60ft wide, and I couldn't pass it up.

Just held it at about 1/2 throttle the whole way until I stated floating, then a couple of the drain plugs popped and water shot up and hit the headliner. It's awesome to see your hood fully submerge and shrug it off. Got across and couldn't make it up the damn river hillside. So I turned around, crossed it again, and joined up with my friend in his Bronco II. Glad to finally test the snorkel out.

Now to change the diff fluid, repack bearings, deal with and replace the Efan relay that shorted out cause I'm an idiot and didn't shut off the Efan until I was deep in the water.

And I guess put it on a diet and lose the radio stuff and plastic trim, headliner, etc. should've done that when I did the bed lining of interior. Need to relocate switched to the radio location. Don't see muscle fretting it THAT deep. Maybe...
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #13784
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

The FAQ shows that my 95 has the 42-RH transmission. I have intermitant symptoms of needing a new govenor pressure solenoid as well as sensor replacement (occasionally having to hit the 3k wall on the tach before the 2nd-3rd shift.) I want to make sure it's truely the fault of the above parts and not because those signals are getting interupted on their way to the pcm by corroded/intermitant connections at the harness block connector. I will be cleaning/repacking that connector as soon as my valve cover gasket project is over. Once the connector is cleaned up and she is back on the road, I will wait to see if the symptoms come back. The strange thing is it will work fine for weeks at a time and then show up out of nowhere for only a day then gone again. Is that typical of the pressure solenoid and sensor to not go completely bad?

I need to replace the trans gasket anyway so I may bite the bullet since I will have the pan down anyway and get them replaced. Does it make sense to pull the cooler return line and feed it into a bucket for the first 30 seconds or so after everything is replaced to catch the old fluid from the converter and cooler before it mixes with the virgin fluid?

On Topic, I took the 94 to the j/y to see if I could find her a set of tow-hooks and brackets (now that I have the process mastered) but there were none to find. Checked a second yard with same results (or lack of). Not about to goto the staffed yard as they charge $45.00 to pull a set and hand them over. Nah, I'll wait for some to turn up at the pull and save. Did find a few spark plug wire guides to attach to the studs on my valve cover project. Need to soak them along with the bolts in some carb cleaner to get all gussied up. Picked up a drivers side mirror but the glass seems to free-float in the housing rather than being locked in postion. Will that change once it's installed and powered up? Gonna shoot it along with the pass mirror gloss black to match the airvents on the 94.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #13785
Roskoe
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Steal it all you like. This doesnt look bad, but its a swamp that's thinly disguised as land. It's basically like wet cement. Wet cement with densely packed roots of trees and grass. It laughs at shovels.

Thanks for the tips all, next adventure to the jeep may involve car ramps and hopefully a large ATV with a winch. I can't find anyone else willing to get their fancy lifted 4x4's dirty

this might help you

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Roskoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.