Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#18,365 ·
Concolour said:
What is it with American zj owners and this excitement to drive in the snow? Here! Have my snow! Come to Calgary and friggin take it...

Maybe because I'm so use to snow I do t see why it's so exciting... Yes It means I can kick the tail end out, but really? Just makes traffic a pain in the kiester
Excitement to drive in the what? What is this snow you speak of? :wave:

#18,369 ·
Check the Ac drain tube. It gets clogged. I drilled mine and cleaned it but it still gets wet, only after Ac been running. I think it trickles back through the fire wall by running back down the underside of the tube. You can get a rubber plug from the dealer for after you drill it out, guess its a common prob. I jus wish I woulda remembered to mess with it more while I had the motor out........Do'h!
Already done that ..but its winter so no ac but still have problem

#18,373 ·
Decided not to do the filter and transmission drain/fill due to it being cold and very windy. Also, want to have my pan installed with a drain plug or get another pan. Rotated tires, front driver side brake suffering uneven wear. Greased front end zerks, drained and filled transfer case fluid. Checking differentials tomorrow, Wyoming the day after that.

#18,374 ·
I bought a driver side wheel bearing, upper and lower ball joints, lug nuts and am looking for my Jeeps birth information on this wonderful forum so I can know as much as you guys some day! Yeah right! It snowed 12" yesterday. And of course I couldnt wait to take her for a spin. My Jeep handled it absolutely beautifull today despite her current shortcomings!

#18,375 ·
#18,376 ·
OT: found out something new about the niner as I was cruising around today, That if you shut the jeep off and even if you remove the key the power windows work up and down, until you open the door; huh, who knew?
It cuts off after 30 seconds if you don't open a door, and it doesn't power the sunroof. But yeah, most (probably all) 96+ ZJs have that feature.

#18,377 ·
Driving in snow is a pain when you're driving because you HAVE to go somewhere. It's fun when you're driving because you WANT to go somewhere and can do it at an off-time with less other idiots, etc. QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it better myself. THAT is what i look forward to when i say i cant wait for the snow here...the night drive in the snow when you can drive as slow as you want and just cruise around for hours. :cheers2:

Bought a new steering gear, high pressure line and power steering fluid. SHould be putting this stuff on, on monday

EDIT: LoL I dont know why the post did that....never happened to me before

#18,378 ·
^
I need to replace my high pressure line before driving to Michigan next weekend. I guess that will be another donor part from my 4.0 lol.

OT: I changed my FB cover photo to this... Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

So I'm about out of time, I'm going to use these 4 days off to change my heater core, and pressure line. Also going to finish painting the roof rack and mount it. If I have the right working parts on the 4.0 rear wiper I'll rob it too for the 5.2... I'm still not sure weather I'll mount the 6in off road lights on the rack, or wait to get back from Michigan. Anyone have any idea on how much 2 lights would effect gas mileage on the 5.2?
:cheers2:

#18,379 ·
Got her a new battery from wally world (cheapest price around) old battery was 6 years old :shhh: , seemed to fix the tiny starting problem I was having , hopefully.

#18,380 ·
Got her a new battery from wally world (cheapest price around) old battery was 6 years old :shhh: , seemed to fix the tiny starting problem I was having , hopefully.
Damn six years. Mine is just over a year old and giving me crap about moving from heat(Vegas) to cold(S.Maryland). I really miss the out doors in Vegas. S.Maryland doesn't have jack. But at least I can get a good nights sleep here!