What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 913 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #13681
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000

If your compressor and clutch are still good you can set up the system for onboard air.
I honestly don't know if they do or not

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #13682
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Are there any wright ups on how to do that.
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #13683
Omega88
1995 ZJ 

Installed Adjustable Front Upper control arms and welded up a new track bar bracket. Cant wait for my adjustable track bar to be delivered to finish up the front suspension.
Omega88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #13684
DeansWings
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega88
Installed Adjustable Front Upper control arms and welded up a new track bar bracket. Cant wait for my adjustable track bar to be delivered to finish up the front suspension.
Hope it's not a ruuussstyyyy's.

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #13685
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
Are there any wright ups on how to do that.
Several. Google is your friend ...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...p-way-1297214/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/c...p-pics-471962/

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #13686
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Considering an ax15 swap. Would it bolt up to the motor and trans mounts in my 96? And what year model jeeps did they come in?
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #13687
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Lined the roof to get rid of some nasty rust spots and added some protection.

image-3635769450.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3635769450.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	431494
image-927105524.jpg  
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #13688
paulyboy
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Considering an ax15 swap. Would it bolt up to the motor and trans mounts in my 96? And what year model jeeps did they come in?
currently getting parts to do this myself i have all the threads saved when I get off work I will message you with what I have.
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #13689
pazjguy
1996 ZJ 

Buying it!!!!!!!!!!!!
pazjguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #13690
Obie95Sahara
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
You'll need an AX-15 & bellhousing with the external slave cylinder from a wrangler or cherokee that had the 4.0L. I know the 95 wrangler had it, not sure about the 94 or 93. The cherokees had them from I believe 98-01. You can go online & buy the clutch master cylinder for a ZJ, rockauto has them, or you can order one from Advanced, Autozone, or w/e parts store you have near you. You'll also need a manual trans mount from a ZJ (can get that thru parts store also). I don't believe your stock crossmember will work, but I could be mistaken. The shifter from a cherokee will work, I believe some had to do minor modification to get it perfect. The NSS needs to be grounded out so the vehicle will start. The biggest part of the swap is the pedals & the transfercase linkage. Cherokee pedals will work, but def need to be modified to fit. Lastly are the driveshafts... I believe the front needs to be shortened, & the rear needs to be lengthened.
Obie95Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #13691
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Took a picture of it
forumrunner_20120712_134738.jpg  
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #13692
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

After a visit to a radiologist this morning for a free x-ray, I learned that my finger isn't broke. I just smashed the crap out of it yesterday while changing my oil. I was attempting to loosen the drain plug and it finally broke free. Upon breaking free, I managed to smash my pinky on my left hand between the ratchet and the front diff. I attempted to keep changing the oil on it but had to get out from underneath it. I went inside and put it on some ice and literally watched it swell up. Now my finger nail is a funny shade of green-blue and my finger is twice as fat as it should be. Please, someone tell me they've done something like that too so I don't feel like I'm the only one who's ever injured himself doing an oil change. I had todd4198 come over and finish up. He just had to change the filter then refill the oil.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #13693
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie95Sahara

You'll need an AX-15 & bellhousing with the external slave cylinder from a wrangler or cherokee that had the 4.0L. I know the 95 wrangler had it, not sure about the 94 or 93. The cherokees had them from I believe 98-01. You can go online & buy the clutch master cylinder for a ZJ, rockauto has them, or you can order one from Advanced, Autozone, or w/e parts store you have near you. You'll also need a manual trans mount from a ZJ (can get that thru parts store also). I don't believe your stock crossmember will work, but I could be mistaken. The shifter from a cherokee will work, I believe some had to do minor modification to get it perfect. The NSS needs to be grounded out so the vehicle will start. The biggest part of the swap is the pedals & the transfercase linkage. Cherokee pedals will work, but def need to be modified to fit. Lastly are the driveshafts... I believe the front needs to be shortened, & the rear needs to be lengthened.
Too much work..
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #13694
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
After a visit to a radiologist this morning for a free x-ray, I learned that my finger isn't broke. I just smashed the crap out of it yesterday while changing my oil. I was attempting to loosen the drain plug and it finally broke free. Upon breaking free, I managed to smash my pinky on my left hand between the ratchet and the front diff. I attempted to keep changing the oil on it but had to get out from underneath it. I went inside and put it on some ice and literally watched it swell up. Now my finger nail is a funny shade of green-blue and my finger is twice as fat as it should be. Please, someone tell me they've done something like that too so I don't feel like I'm the only one who's ever injured himself doing an oil change. I had todd4198 come over and finish up. He just had to change the filter then refill the oil.
Let's see a picture of it swollen and green. Lol.
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #13695
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
The first time I put a lift on over ten years ago I used the wrong type of coil compressor and gave myself 5 stitches when the compressor slipped off.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.