What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 912 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #13666
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister
Hm, looks like it's leaking tranny fluid from the cooler lines, however after inspection I cannot find a single leak anywhere, but my front axle is covered in it. Then again I haven't washed it since I reconnected all the lines so it might not be leaking.

And my bumper cover is going to stay off for the forseeable future. Now I just need to move the evap.
Yeah move it before you break it, like my ******* didn't do... Son of a *****...

TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #13667
booked101
1997 ZJ 

Took my sway bar links off and drove around the yard, flexed on a downed tree. The tires rub the sheet metal in front of the tires really bad. When trying to out the links back on the driver side ball joint on yhr end link now freely spins so I cannot tighten it. I ordered a new link. It should be here Friday, until then she sits getting great gas mileage.

Sent from my Droid using JeepForum
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #13668
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

put it in a man made trench, just for fun. i think i busted the D30. some grinding and gear oil smell was coming from it....will check tomorrow..

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #13669
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Ouch! looks like you were close to home, I guess that's a plus. Fricken man made ditches!!
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #13670
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Is this a good fan clutch?
http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/sho...RPCOOLAMS_____
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #13671
pincheburro956
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411
Ouch! looks like you were close to home, I guess that's a plus. Fricken man made ditches!!
Lot next to mine. If the 30 is busted I'll be forced to rebuild the HP30 I have sitting in my garage. About time, and my 242...

99 WJ, 2" BB, 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS.
pincheburro956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #13672
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

I just got that last month. It seriously blows a dust cloud when you rev on dirt. It kept my Jeep from overheating at Uwharrie with a 50% kinked exhaust. It moves tons of air, although you'll notice a slight decrease in gas mileage.
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #13673
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000

I just got that last month. It seriously blows a dust cloud when you rev on dirt. It kept my Jeep from overheating at Uwharrie with a 50% kinked exhaust. It moves tons of air, although you'll notice a slight decrease in gas mileage.
It's a jeep i would have bought a civic if I was concerned about mpg. Lol. Guess I'll get it and a trans cooler. Then a fan and condenser at the jy because I can't afford almost 200$ for a new condenser.
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #13674
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot

It's a jeep i would have bought a civic if I was concerned about mpg. Lol. Guess I'll get it and a trans cooler. Then a fan and condenser at the jy because I can't afford almost 200$ for a new condenser.
I would do an E-fan if I had to all over. And add an auxiliary trams chiller is an upcoming project.
Unread 07-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #13675
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrews000

I would do an E-fan if I had to all over. And add an auxiliary trams chiller is an upcoming project.
I don't want an Efan because of another strain on the electrical system. Mine has the tow package so it came with a trans cooler
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #13676
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Meh...if your cooling system is in good condition, the strain on the electrical system is minimal. Fix any leaks you have, get a quality controller that actually uses a thermostat and it only has to run when it must, and at the speed necessary to maintain a cool motor.

I've been running my DC Control system for more than 5 years now, and I just have to remember to shut off the switched lead when I'm parking the Jeep for an extended period of time...not all that often any more
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #13677
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites
Meh...if your cooling system is in good condition, the strain on the electrical system is minimal. Fix any leaks you have, get a quality controller that actually uses a thermostat and it only has to run when it must, and at the speed necessary to maintain a cool motor.

I've been running my DC Control system for more than 5 years now, and I just have to remember to shut off the switched lead when I'm parking the Jeep for an extended period of time...not all that often any more
How much does a setup like that cost?
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #13678
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

I feel like I've read some were of guys doin an Ac bypass in the zj? Mine Dosnt work and I'd rather have windows down any way. But also thinking about putting a cb in place of the controls for Ac. What do you guys think
Unread 07-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #13679
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
How much does a setup like that cost?
Junkyard Taurus fan - $35 here in Colorado
FK-55 Controller - about $172 shipped

Cooling potential - priceless

http://www.dccontrol.com/constant_te...ontrollers.htm
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #13680
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
I feel like I've read some were of guys doin an Ac bypass in the zj? Mine Dosnt work and I'd rather have windows down any way. But also thinking about putting a cb in place of the controls for Ac. What do you guys think
If your compressor and clutch are still good you can set up the system for onboard air.

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.