What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 905 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #13561
torchd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
Late night web searching led me back on craigslist to finally find a decent priced set of tj moabs!! Going to contact the guy tomorrow.. Hopefully can get em next weekend and get them mounted. They look so sweet on a ZJ.

[b][color=red]2002 Trans Am[/b][/color]
Cam, Full Exhaust, Stock Heads, Stock LS6 Intake and Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s
[b]420 RWHP and 382 RWHTQ[/b]
torchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #13562
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Took the niner for emmisions & state inspection it passed then went did one hella burnout went to fill it with gas wtf gas jumped from 3.07 to 3.25 then i was like **** i gotta run hightest in here 3.59

On the 94 i was pondering selling it then i got this rear lamp failure message well all 6 brake lights work and for some reason when i press the peddel the dash lights come on i cant win when it comes to electrical BS

Got one that dash lights wont go out now i got one that dash lights come on when ya hit the brakes
Gonna put a new brake switch in the 94 see if that fixes it

Edit: almost forgot while at the shop the owner looked out the window where i was parked all you could see was the front end(from the side) he said "5.9 grand, nice". It made me smile and feel a little better about having someone else work on my ****. Guess he use to work for jeep dealership. Then we discussed the jeep a little tried to tell me the 5.9 came with a lsd pump in the D30. I was like O-o yeah Im not sure about that one

JF app sucksass
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #13563
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
On the 94 i was pondering selling it then i got this rear lamp failure message well all 6 brake lights work and for some reason when i press the peddel the dash lights come on i cant win when it comes to electrical BS

Got one that dash lights wont go out now i got one that dash lights come on when ya hit the brakes
Gonna put a new brake switch in the 94 see if that fixes it
One of your dual-filiment bulbs in the rear tail light blew and the blown filiment (brake) has come to rest across the second filiment (park) inside the bulb. The brake filiment is finnding it's new "ground" thru your instrument panel. If the dash glows when you hit the brake, it's either the lh or rh brake/park bulb. If the dash were to flash with your blinkers, it would be either lh or rh turn/park bulb. With your 94, it's an 1157/2057 bulb.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #13564
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Got the "Low Blinker Fluid" message on my vic. Nice thing about zj's is you don't have to take them down to the dealership ... just find your closest boat launch. You can use a mudhole but the lights look murky rather than clear.

The siphon valve for the blinker fluid resevior is just below the rear-axel diff cover next to the infendibular bypass valve on the drivers side. Simply depress the rear-window washer fluid sprayer button (the transmision must be in reverse) to fill. Have a friend watch the level in the tailights to tell you when they are full.
imag0144.jpg   imag0143.jpg  
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #13565
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411
Got the "Low Blinker Fluid" message on my vic. Nice thing about zj's is you don't have to take them down to the dealership ... just find your closest boat launch. You can use a mudhole but the lights look murky rather than clear.

The siphon valve for the blinker fluid resevior is just below the rear-axel diff cover next to the infendibular bypass valve on the drivers side. Simply depress the rear-window washer fluid sprayer button (the transmision must be in reverse) to fill. Have a friend watch the level in the tailights to tell you when they are full.
ooh man!! Totally forgot to check mine when I did a tune up last week!! Great job btw explaining it all thoroughly.
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #13566
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411 View Post
One of your dual-filiment bulbs in the rear tail light blew and the blown filiment (brake) has come to rest across the second filiment (park) inside the bulb. The brake filiment is finnding it's new "ground" thru your instrument panel. If the dash glows when you hit the brake, it's either the lh or rh brake/park bulb. If the dash were to flash with your blinkers, it would be either lh or rh turn/park bulb. With your 94, it's an 1157/2057 bulb.
going to go check that now

oh and this message?
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #13567
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz
going to go check that now

oh and this message?
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #13568
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Someone please make one for a bad muffler bearing.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #13569
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

You guys and your damn muffler bearings... If you'd just replace them with OEM Mopar ones from Kolak, you'd never have to worry about them again.
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #13570
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Mine wear out a lot because of all the heim joints. There are like 7 of them.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #13571
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

Changed PCV valve, cap, rotor. Put headliner back in after using radiant barrier lining on the roof.

DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #13572
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon411 View Post
I owe you a beer
it was a the nipples slid and were touching, pulled a bulb out of the 93(that aint going no where any time soon ) one bulb split from the base the other worked out

now you figure this out i'll buy you a chicken dinner
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...-stay-1385302/
Unread 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #13573
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

Just finished re-covering the upper console in the same headliner material.

DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #13574
DBitts011
1997 ZJ 

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=ZLK

Is this good for 4.0s too?
DBitts011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #13575
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squazz View Post
I owe you a beer
A tall ice-cold Corona with lime would really hit the spot. Either that or Tequiza if you can still find it.

I'll take you up on it if I ever get that far east. Born and raised on the west coast (Ca and Wa) and visited or driven thru Id, Or, Mt, Ut and Nv. Arizona is the furthest east I have been to date while visiting friends in phoenix (gilbert area). Really enjoyed the change of scenery from pine trees and mountains around here (don't get me wrong, I love the pacnw) but the roads in phoenix were so smooth and well paved. Arterials were 40mph and freeways were 80mph, man that was nice. Those stoplights, however, right as you merge onto the freeway can kiss my ***!

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.