What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 890 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #13336
Thayer8175
1993 ZJ 

Took Jeep out for some light off roading yesterday, since I finally got a used tranny installed, blew out reverse last year trying to get unstuck . Spent latter of last week installing doors and fenders cause drivers door was shot. Now I have plenty of spare door parts Need some serious trimming in front. Jeep is sitting up against the front tire in last picture

jeep1.jpg   jeep2.jpg   jeep3.jpg   jeep4.jpg  
Thayer8175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #13337
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
My favorite part about the D44A is the lack of a gasket for it. I used a gasket on my D30 when I did the gear oil and was pissed to find out there isn't a gasket for the rear. Red silicone it was. The next time I open it up will be for a lunchbox locker. I hate scraping all that crap off just to put it right back on.
Yeah that is the shame of it... cleaning off the RTV wasn't bad as the previous owner didn't maintain it for crap so wasn't much on there, although after i finished i used about 1/2 of tube on it LOL.. Gotta do front diff now.

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #13338
Coyn1324
1996 ZJ 

Adjusted the transfer case linkage today trying to solve my 4lo issue. Not really sure if this solved the problem or not, guess I'll find out for sure the next time I'm in the trails. I think I'm going to drive the ZJ to work today...why not
'96ZJ-4.0L, 3.5" IRO suspension lift, RC Quick Discos, 31x10.50R15, 292,xxx miles, Colorado Jeep Club Member #1996
Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #13339
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Yeah that is the shame of it... cleaning off the RTV wasn't bad as the previous owner didn't maintain it for crap so wasn't much on there, although after i finished i used about 1/2 of tube on it LOL.. Gotta do front diff now.

If all your doing is changinv fluid just spend 5$ on a hand pump from any auto parts store. Hell ive used a soap dispenser head before. Hook some tube to it and start pumping
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #13340
TRAVASS
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer8175
Took Jeep out for some light off roading yesterday, since I finally got a used tranny installed, blew out reverse last year trying to get unstuck . Spent latter of last week installing doors and fenders cause drivers door was shot. Now I have plenty of spare door parts Need some serious trimming in front. Jeep is sitting up against the front tire in last picture
You should keep the rear white, doors red and paint the front clip blue. Haha
TRAVASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #13341
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Drove the ZJ to jump my brothers dead XJ. Didn't start (Think the starter is going out) So we pushed it and popped the clutch in second.
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #13342
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket

If all your doing is changinv fluid just spend 5$ on a hand pump from any auto parts store. Hell ive used a soap dispenser head before. Hook some tube to it and start pumping
I have a piece of house that fits over the bottle nipple then run it to the full hole and give good squeezes into the diff, works great.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #13343
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Quote:

You probably used too much. I bet it'll start leaking because of the amount you used. You're supposed to put a pretty thin bead around the edges. When I was done with mine, I didn't have any silicone coming from anywhere. I did mine back in February and it's still good. My gasket up front, on the other hand, is a little wet now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
I would have done this the first time through, but the seal was wet. That was something that needed to be addressed in my mind. I do plan on doing that the next time it needs a change if I don't have to drop the cover again because of a wet seal or if I don't throw an Aussie locker in there first. Only time will tell.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #13344
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
I have a piece of house that fits over the bottle nipple then run it to the full hole and give good squeezes into the diff, works great.
Im talking about removing the old fluid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
You probably used too much. I bet it'll start leaking because of the amount you used. You're supposed to put a pretty thin bead around the edges. When I was done with mine, I didn't have any silicone coming from anywhere. I did mine back in February and it's still good. My gasket up front, on the other hand, is a little wet now.

I would have done this the first time through, but the seal was wet. That was something that needed to be addressed in my mind. I do plan on doing that the next time it needs a change if I don't have to drop the cover again because of a wet seal or if I don't throw an Aussie locker in there first. Only time will tell.
Every time i wheel i either turn the fluid to choco milk in a creek or peel the cover on a rock but if its just water then i pump it out through the fill hole and pour new in. Ill make a cover guard when i get my hp30 in.
just whatever you do dont waste your money on a purple cranium diff cover(looks like a spider)
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #13345
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket
Im talking about removing the old fluid

Every time i wheel i either turn the fluid to choco milk in a creek or peel the cover on a rock but if its just water then i pump it out through the fill hole and pour new in. Ill make a cover guard when i get my hp30 in.
just whatever you do dont waste your money on a purple cranium diff cover(looks like a spider)
Nah I've always used that much never had an issue, it was leaking from the po. I just picked this keep up its not my 96 which I have had a thick bead of RTV on it for almost 9 months (works perfectly). And I prefer to pull cap off because I prefer to inspect gears, bearings, and check everything inside (OCD)
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #13346
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Found this...

image-2626206580.jpg

image-2129615924.jpg

Stock rancho rs5000 bushing went bad, other was still good just couldn't get it out to put a new one in without pulling the shock off (metal collar in the middle)
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #13347
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayer8175 View Post
I'm digging that multi-tone look... kinda reminds me of my 4.0
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #13348
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Going to build this front bumper

http://www.flatland4x4.com/product1.html
My girlfriends uncle works at a machine shop,I'm sure he can have it cut out on the cnc. Will get like a 2in tube and have my uncle bend it and I'll mount some light tabs on it and put 4 daylighter knock offs from advanced on it. I'm going to get 3.5in lift springs up front, put stocks in the back,and get dt8000 shocks,I'll do that before I do the bumper. Get some 31x10.50 good year wrangler authority and some new rims. This will start in about 2weeks,going to gather parts to fix from the crash. Need a new fan and fan clutch,and radiator. Then I'm going to pull a part. Going to get a complete upper rad support then it should be good,going to order clear corners and turn signals. Will update as I get stuff done.
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #13349
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Saw this beast on the way to the junkyard to see if I could find a durango air hat, but didn't. Got one out of a dakota, though. Are they the same? Anybody think I can make it work?
2012-07-03-16.44.07.jpg  
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #13350
booked101
1997 ZJ 

got my rugged ridge 2"x30' strap in today. only paid $40 from amazon. might get another but 20'.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.