What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 888 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #13306
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Poor Tahoe tired to follow the ZJ... No bueno

image-3608218529.jpg

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #13307
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie View Post
I wish there were pick and pulls in northern nj.. I'd save so much money.

OT.. Ordered a pillar light brackets from Detours.. Also put a new rad cap and new hose for the heater core bypass. Since the old one got kinked.

cool northern new jerseyian. haha yea i would be there every day!! im stuck with over priced north jersey auto wreckers. and a couple other that are a bit further away..

almost everything i get now is new because its cheaper than the junkyard..

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #13308
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew

cool northern new jerseyian. haha yea i would be there every day!! im stuck with over priced north jersey auto wreckers. and a couple other that are a bit further away..

almost everything i get now is new because its cheaper than the junkyard..
There's barely even any auto wreckers around me. And same here
Unread 07-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #13309
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

you go to stokes at all?

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #13310
micellis
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie

There's barely even any auto wreckers around me. And same here
I wish I had better options around here. Only auto yard here wanted $330 for a LP Dana 30
micellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #13311
gabrod72
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Poor Tahoe tired to follow the ZJ... No bueno

Attachment 425813
Well,

At least he tried. Most would have tucked tail and gone back home crying. Was it fun getting it all dirty when pulling him out of the hole??
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #13312
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrod72

Well,

At least he tried. Most would have tucked tail and gone back home crying. Was it fun getting it all dirty when pulling him out of the hole??
Yeah he's my boss at work, I'm also lifted 3.5" and 31's and he's stock on bald terra grapplers. I told him to take it slow but that 6k pound beast laid on the frame and couldn't move any further. We laughed and he took it like a champ, pulled him out and finished the trail.
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #13313
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by micellis View Post
I wish I had better options around here. Only auto yard here wanted $330 for a LP Dana 30
If you’re looking for a front axle I would recommend a HP Dana out of a 97 or 98 Jeep XJ. These are better axles and you find more of them at the junk yards, so they may be cheaper. I paid $200 for one including a good set of breaks on it.
Not sure of which years where best, but somewhere around there, just make sure not to get one with the discount built in the right axle tube.

I try and make it to the JY a few times a month.
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #13314
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Aww, that Tahoe is sad. Couldn't follow the Jeep? Yeah, that's right. It's okay, poor, poor Tahoe, nothing can follow a Jeep. Shh, it's okay baby.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #13315
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I finally finished up my 703 injector swap today. Man, it was a hot one. I got it all done but now my year old alternator is squeaking because of all the sweat I managed to drip into it. I managed to break a bolt that holds the tranny kick down cable bracket in place. Hopefully that doesn't affect anything...

I noticed right away that the Jeep is idling much, much smoother with the 703s than it ever did before. I also notice a little more throttle response out of it but I don't know if that's because of the injectors being all cleaned up and rebuilt, psychological, or because the 703s are better for allowing the fuel to atomize more efficiently than the 778s. Hopefully I'll notice that marginally better mileage with them too but we'll see.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #13316
micellis
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameleer

If you’re looking for a front axle I would recommend a HP Dana out of a 97 or 98 Jeep XJ. These are better axles and you find more of them at the junk yards, so they may be cheaper. I paid $200 for one including a good set of breaks on it.
Not sure of which years where best, but somewhere around there, just make sure not to get one with the discount built in the right axle tube.

I try and make it to the JY a few times a month.
I got one out of a 89 xj with the disconnect.$100 full assembly. I'll just put a block off plate on it and truss it. Think it'll hold 33s?
micellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #13317
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC
Aww, that Tahoe is sad. Couldn't follow the Jeep? Yeah, that's right. It's okay, poor, poor Tahoe, nothing can follow a Jeep. Shh, it's okay baby.
I laughed, but non the less got him out so all is good.. He talked a lot of crap about the Z but now has some respect
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #13318
ELMCZJ95

Just ordered the AGR Series II steering box and pump
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #13319
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew
you go to stokes at all?
No, haven't been there yet. Still gotta get my front ds in. Po had it out for some reason. Hoping theres nothing wrong with the axle or tc. But either way I'm down even in 2wd. if and when you do make a trip there, pm me. Weekend is a must though. Work 3-11:30 p.m. weekdays.
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #13320
kirbyZJORVIS
1997 ZJ 

LEFT STRANDED. Well this weekend in the jeep was fun. She overheated 2 times busted radiator fix that then the thermostat was stuck took it out just to get back home. As I was taken the bolt back off the thermo houseing the head just snapped off. So now Ive got to figure out how to get it home to my mechanic so he can struggle to get that bolt out I'm not even gonna mess with it.
kirbyZJORVIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.