What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 875 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #13111
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister
No I want it!

Also, how not to treat a ZJ:
That's so sad... I would ask him "are you just naturally a dumb --- or did you decide to become one after ruining a beautiful ZJ"

I would tow it to my house and reek havoc on... Rebuild here I come!

OT.. Let my friend who has been wanting to drive the Z forever finally gave her permission... And what does she say "I want one now" makes me feel all gooey inside!!

Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #13112
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post
No I want it!

Attachment 423162
that is what i like to call a "AutoZone Modified" vehicle
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #13113
BRae_in_a_ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Today i got a new wheel in the mail to replace my cracked one. YES, a cracked wheel is what has been causing my air leak this entire time.... ARG i spent so much time at the tire pump and getting new valve stems and checking for holes and s***. my tire is perfectly fine. new wheel gets put on tomorrow morning. also i adjusted my new fogs and completed the install. They arent too powerfull but they do the job, and they were cheap so its all good. plus they look vicious for just another budget mod.
also got a new battery from AAA when she left me stranded at the gym... haha
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #13114
squazz
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
This was my problem, and how I fixed it
Temperature gauge, reading low? Inaccurate? Fixed
that has bin replaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
Each line on the gauge is 27.5 degrees up to 210, after that it looks like it's about, 12.5 degrees per line.
Learn something new everyday

OT: drove the niner again got pulled over for not having inspection stickers yet, then bought some of this I stood there looking at all the polishes and waxes even had a clay bar in my hand then i remember....
squazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #13115
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

So since I screwed my front up when I hit that lady,I'm going to tear it apart. Hopefully this weekend, only thing is the latch won't release busted the header panel up, the metal part of the bumper s bent pretty good. It will get bent back as good as I can. But me and dad are going to build a tube bumper for it.id like to see some home made ones if you guys have. I'm just gettin ideas around
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #13116
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot View Post
So since I screwed my front up when I hit that lady,I'm going to tear it apart. Hopefully this weekend, only thing is the latch won't release busted the header panel up, the metal part of the bumper s bent pretty good. It will get bent back as good as I can. But me and dad are going to build a tube bumper for it.id like to see some home made ones if you guys have. I'm just gettin ideas around
That sucks man. You hit her hard? Header panels are the most fragile pieces of **** ever.

OT, today changed the thermostat and gasket (stopped my leak), and flushed the rad and new coolant. What a mess the old stuff was!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #13117
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

The oil pressure isn't a dummy gauge, the senders are just very inaccurate, particularly on the V8s. Mine will move between 30 and 45 psi as it goes up and down, but it's never accurate. It actually idles with a bit over 20 when hot, and gets up to a bit over 60 at high rpms.

On topic, I finished the ball joints and tie rod ends. Drives much better now. Just gotta get my alignment dialed in to where I want it, and she'll be good to go. Oh, and I gotta figure out why it's not running right, but that's a whole different story.
comptiger5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #13118
bteixeira02
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister View Post
No I want it!

Attachment 423162
Sir we have found ourselves a Street Jeeper...
bteixeira02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #13119
Cameleer
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteixeira02 View Post
Sir we have found ourselves a Street Jeeper...
Take your pick, low and slow or wild and crazy.

Back OT
a little air hat mod I did today:
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #13120
DBitts011
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickpequignot
Oh header panels... How I love them, I can change one in about 10 mins now I've done it so many times
DBitts011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #13121
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBitts011

Oh header panels... How I love them, I can change one in about 10 mins now I've done it so many times
X2.

Ot.. My cargo cover came in today and threw it in the zj.. I'll post a pic tomorrow so it's not a lie
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #13122
Canyon411
1995 ZJ 

I have been putting off a project that needs to get done on my 95. The headlight adjustment "stuff" in the header panel has been broken for a long time and I have never gotten around to fixing it. For some reason, today I was motivated to get'r done. I picked up a broken header at the j/y for $5.00 and figured I could just transfer the parts to my current header and then be done with it .... yeah, not so much.

Come to find out my current header had seen better days. The plastic around the adjustment gearset was broken, if not missing entirely. Complete header replacement is now required. Hit 3 different j/y's and not a single intact header to be found. One of the recking yards had an aftermarket header in stock brand new for $32.00. I hesitated as I know fit and finish won't be the same quality as factory but the guy said if I put it in and don't like it, I have 30 days to return it.

So I took it home and still had to transfer all the adjustment gears from a combination of my current header and my $5.00 j/y header into the new aftermarket unit. What a cluster****. I will just say to you now that taking apart adjustment gearsets and keeping them from getting broken in the process is VERY challenging!! Good thing I had two headers to make one good one out of.

I managed to get everything transfered over to the new unit and got started on the install. Not sure I like how things are lining up so I called it a day and will start again in the morning. I hope things start to fit better once it's all bolted in and lights are mounted. If not, I will have to pull all of that adjusment bs out again before I can take it back and find another option. The new header is made by ProCon (never heard of them) and made in Taiwan. I hate to think how much the dealer wants for one, if they are sill available...

On a brighter note, drove the 94 around as I was picking up parts. Reaping the rewards for the time and energy I put into repairing the cruise control a few days back. It came in handy hitting the freeway today.
Canyon411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #13123
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Got my fog lights working finally! Not a particularly expensive mod, but a mod nonetheless. Gonna fix the bumper and put the cover back on tomorrow. Fun stuff!

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:33 AM   #13124
Josef86
1996 ZJ 

Was outside washing the work car and Challenger. Guy pulls up in an XJ and asks how much I am asking for the Jeep. Says he has seen it sitting for a while and if it runs and drives he would do $1200. Insulted I decided to talk jeep with him but he jumped to "I'm just looking for a reliable SUV for my son". I told him I could let it go for $2K(reasonable right?) because of the new BFGs, 4" IRO, Kolak exhaust, Safari snorkel and bed lined floors.

I'm kinda itching for a silver LJ. Been looking around at local dealers and no hits.
Josef86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #13125
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef86
Was outside washing the work car and Challenger. Guy pulls up in an XJ and asks how much I am asking for the Jeep. Says he has seen it sitting for a while and if it runs and drives he would do $1200. Insulted I decided to talk jeep with him but he jumped to "I'm just looking for a reliable SUV for my son". I told him I could let it go for $2K(reasonable right?) because of the new BFGs, 4" IRO, Kolak exhaust, Safari snorkel and bed lined floors.

I'm kinda itching for a silver LJ. Been looking around at local dealers and no hits.
If you are going to sell it.. At least it sounds like it'd be going to a good home.

Tags
door latch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.