What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 855 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 06-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #12811
Coyn1324
1996 ZJ 

Giving her a little love

Today my ZJ and I had kind of a busy day. After work i changed the oil and filter. Changed the transfer case fluid. Drained the tranny pan and filled her back up to freshen up the tranny fluid a bit. Then we went over to the car wash a gave her a little bath. Planning on heading up for my first day trip as a ZJ owner this Saturday. Gonna do a little wheeling to break her in properly!!!!

Coyn1324 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #12812
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedZJco

sweet! wasn't being a smartass, just don't know these motors. It sounds like a really good setup
Never figured you for being one, it's a rare setup, but besides twisting chromo shafts it has performed flawlessly. Everyone who rides with when I get after it is very happy with the power, and the sound, sounds amazing at 6500 rpm right before the rev limiter.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 05:55 AM   #12813
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkeye11
13 hour drive from VA to GA
Did you miss a turn?
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #12814
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Nope it was 13 hours straight from Northern Virginia to the lower corner of Georgia closest to Alabama
dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #12815
li'l jeep
Always a Pirate

1997 ZJ 

finished this late last night. my new shifter handle
shifter-1.jpg   shifter-2.jpg   shifter-3.jpg   shifter-4.jpg   shifter-5.jpg  

shifter-6.jpg  
GOD BLESS AMERICA!
li'l jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #12816
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by li'l jeep
finished this late last night. my new shifter handle
Looks great.
Unread 06-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #12817
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Heading to the JY!!
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
MrObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #12818
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious
Heading to the JY!!
Wish I knew of one in new Jersey close by ::angry::
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #12819
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgoonie

Wish I knew of one in new Jersey close by ::angry::
Well scored a lot of goodness today, spotted a perfect condition niner, new air filter, IAC (idle is now fixed), new vac lines and fittings that I couldn't find at auto store... And of course here are some quick pics.

image-706418621.jpg
image-709530414.jpg
image-943966116.jpg
image-1767078644.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-706418621.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	420015
image-575122989.jpg  
Got it stuck. It's still stuck. It's so stuck I could call insurance and say it was stolen and no one would ever know. It's so stuck I don't know anyone with a capable enough 4x4 to even to to where I got stuck to winch or yank me out.
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #12820
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

You shoulda grabbed that grille off that niner...

On topic, yesterday I finally got my skids back on. Well, I got my front skid and my TC skid on. I managed to break a bolt loose that holds the hitch in place. Right now the ZJ is sitting in my driveway with a folding chair holding the hitch up waiting on a cutting tool to cut that bolt out of there. I pulled the rear bumper cover off and tried holding the nut on the other side but that thing is super stuck. The nut ended up rounding off. I still think I did a decent job time wise though. I spent about a half hours putting the other two skids on by myself. The rest of the time spent doesn't count...

Anyone have any tips for getting those things out? Also, how difficult is it to change the seal at the front of the cam? I noticed I have a leak from there yesterday when I was putting the front engine skid on.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #12821
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

I might actually go back and get that tomorrow
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #12822
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I might actually go back and get that tomorrow
Get that, as well as the hood vents.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #12823
MrObvious
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713 View Post
Get that, as well as the hood vents.
The hood vents were gone somebody had taken them off or they might be inside the car didn't really check the niner over much. just checked all the basics out.

sadly I counted 28 ZJ's there, not counting the other lot behind me in the pictures and not counting the WJ's and XJ's also
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #12824
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz
You shoulda grabbed that grille off that niner...

On topic, yesterday I finally got my skids back on. Well, I got my front skid and my TC skid on. I managed to break a bolt loose that holds the hitch in place. Right now the ZJ is sitting in my driveway with a folding chair holding the hitch up waiting on a cutting tool to cut that bolt out of there. I pulled the rear bumper cover off and tried holding the nut on the other side but that thing is super stuck. The nut ended up rounding off. I still think I did a decent job time wise though. I spent about a half hours putting the other two skids on by myself. The rest of the time spent doesn't count...

Anyone have any tips for getting those things out? Also, how difficult is it to change the seal at the front of the cam? I noticed I have a leak from there yesterday when I was putting the front engine skid on.
Those are usually just resistance welded nuts. I broke two when removing my fuel skid plate at the junk yard. Saws all worked great for the bolt. Once the bolt is cut you should be able to knock it up into the frame, then just fish a new bolt into the hole.
Unread 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #12825
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Oops
image-4156366958.jpg  

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.