What did you do to your ZJ today? - Page 848 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > What did you do to your ZJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #12706
booked101
1997 ZJ 

pics of the cut bumper and the evap relocate complete.

img_20120620_190625.jpg   img_20120620_153449.jpg   img_20120620_153442.jpg   img_20120620_153429.jpg  
Unread 06-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #12707
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Waiting on parts to finish project super 44
image-3991483204.jpg  
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #12708
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborn
I wanna be in the cool club. lol
OT: Took a pic of it, i have some adj. lower control arms coming from IRO, still need to get uppers and an adj. rear track bar, im riding around on a trackbar bracket right now . Oh and found an old picture on photobucket of what it used to look like about a year ago.

Also here is a picture of my interior lights. Its probably hard to see but you get the idea. They are all blue leds.
Iv got all blue. Other than the map lights. Those will be white,maybe blue. No sure. Kinda leaning towards Blue now cause the white will take away from the blue.
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #12709
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It's pretty cool actually. They send you a rule book with codes for extra privileges at certain places. There are freebees, secret meetings, glamorous after hours parties all expenses paid. Of course you have to look like none of this happens and manually work on your niner as it falls apart. All part of the exclusiveness though.
If I wasn't so against V8s by nature, that would be perfect for me. Especially the working on it part.

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #12710
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC View Post
If I wasn't so against V8s by nature, that would be perfect for me. Especially the working on it part.
Ah well I have only owned V8 ZJ's so I stuck with what was familiar.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #12711
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I've owned cars with all kinds of engines, and V8s are by far my least favorite to work with. They're also the worst at sucking down fuel and the noise they make is just noise. Now, I6's on the other hand. I love 'em. I love 'em more than rotaries, and I used to own an RX7.

To me, a V8 is a thrashy combination of 2 inline 4's welded together. I just don't like it. No finesse.

Unread 06-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #12712
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower

I just got my first V8 97 5.2l TSi, Robbed them blind for it too. After a front axel replacement and drive shaft cut down still a steal!
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #12713
mandrews000
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicMC

I've owned cars with all kinds of engines, and V8s are by far my least favorite to work with. They're also the worst at sucking down fuel and the noise they make is just noise. Now, I6's on the other hand. I love 'em. I love 'em more than rotaries, and I used to own an RX7.

To me, a V8 is a thrashy combination of 2 inline 4's welded together. I just don't like it. No finesse.
I've always loved working one my 4.0s!
mandrews000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #12714
badbird17x
Web Wheeler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Couldn't disagree more. V8 rules for sound, and being every race engine in every class, except a couple that have to run something else, is a v8, I would say they have plenty of finesse lol. Never seen a 6000 Hp top fuel i6, or an 850 Hp i4 in NASCAR.
94 jz, bruiser, la, cage,5.3 ls, 36 swampers 98 jz, the mutt, 3.5 iro, 33 swampers, avalanche conversion, 02 north face avalanche blacked out work truck, 06 rhino R1 engine, 4x4, Leeroy's custom paint, 04 escalade wifes truck 22s, 03 duramax 18s, completely blacked out, efilive by nick, wicked wicked truck, 39 chop chevy rod, aluminum 5.3 ls, 08 apex, 310hp mcx turbo, holz 162, completely black, CCM built.
badbird17x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #12715
Bkuprionas
1997 ZJ 

Decided my zj needs to be taken off the road for a while since I'm moving out soon.
Bkuprionas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #12716
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
Couldn't disagree more. V8 rules for sound, and being every race engine in every class, except a couple that have to run something else, is a v8, I would say they have plenty of finesse lol. Never seen a 6000 Hp top fuel i6, or an 850 Hp i4 in NASCAR.
This
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #12717
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbird17x View Post
I on the other hand have seen 1700hp rotaries. And superpower I4s.

Of course, NASCAR is more about who's the luckiest driver; the cars are all basically identical, due to the class's restrictions.

Also, it should be noted the engineering that goes into a race V8 is far superior to that of any production model. NASCAR Chevies aren't using LS-series. Toyota's engines aren't 1UZs. A large number of European and Japanese racing series don't use V8s at all. Mazda's Furai was a 3-rotor that kicked ***. Nissan built the Skyline GT-R as a racecar first and then de-tuned its I6 to make it a production car so they could enter it in various racing leagues.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of a Nissan V6. The sound of a VG30 is enough to make my pants tight, on its own. V8s just sound like a barrel rolling down a hill.

Unread 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #12718
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Quote:

I on the other hand have seen 1700hp rotaries. And superpower I4s.

Of course, NASCAR is more about who's the luckiest driver; the cars are all basically identical, due to the class's restrictions.

Also, it should be noted the engineering that goes into a race V8 is far superior to that of any production model. NASCAR Chevies aren't using LS-series. Toyota's engines aren't 1UZs. A large number of European and Japanese racing series don't use V8s at all. Mazda's Furai was a 3-rotor that kicked ***. Nissan built the Skyline GT-R as a racecar first and then de-tuned its I6 to make it a production car so they could enter it in various racing leagues.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of a Nissan V6. The sound of a VG30 is enough to make my pants tight, on its own. V8s just sound like a barrel rolling down a hill.
Love the deep rumble of a v8
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #12719
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

Let me just say it like this:

I was a tuner before I was a Jeeper. I worked on Japanese cars with all sorts of engines (including V8s) before I ever touched a Jeep. I saw all kinds of crazy things done with inline-6's and inline-4's. Superchargers, turbochargers, nitrous oxide, mechanical. All kinds of ways these people pulled power out of engines. It took me a good while to get over the idea that 2.4l is not a big engine, because you can't go much over that in an I4. Hell, I used to own an RX7. The engine in that is a 200hp 1.3l. (The final model in 2002 had the same engine, boosted to 300hp by sequential turbochargers) The power-weight ratios on these engines is phenomenal. A lot of people also did LS1 swaps for easy horsepower, which threw off their cars' weight balance and really ruined it. V8s seem like the thrashy easy way out to me. They're not the fruit of personal ingenuity and labor. They're a cheap lay.

I don't like them. At all.

Unread 06-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #12720
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
When and where is this fest?
Butler, PA

http://www.bantamjeepfestival.com/
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
door latch , lift + spacers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.