Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your ZJ today?

4M views 55K replies 2K participants last post by  98ZJ 
#1 ·
This thread is to serve as an inspiration to others modifying their ZJ's. Pretty simple, just post what you did to your ZJ today!

Today I shamefully took my Jeep to get the oil changed because it was to hot to change it myself.

#16,301 ·
G-Man2 said:
I removed the headlight control and resoldered the connector joints in order to resolve flickering/intermittent dash light problem and fog lamps not working problem. The job was not difficult but had to remove dash, knee block panel, and other trim to remove the assembly (time consuming). All is well with the world, for the moment. Other issues to attack are rear wiper motor replacement, and auto dim mirrors not working. I think wiper motor will be next on my agenda.
I need to heat up the solder joints in my dimmer switch. I have taken the dash apart so many times I can probably do it in my sleep.

#16,302 ·
Took my valve covers off to put in new gaskets cause they were leaking. Half the ****in bolts were only on finger tight.

While I had the covers off, I cleaned them up and painted them.

Attachments

#16,305 ·
Have been thinking about center console ideas and will probably do it this winter. I almost want to see if I can take the 40 part of the 60/40 bench. And put it on the 60 side and have the console go all the way to the back seat.

#16,306 ·
Installed electric fan from early 90's Taurus. Barely got it to clear water pump. Then my ******* self forgot to put the bolts back in the water pump. Started her up. Whing! Now I've got two bolts in there. I'll have to buy more bolts tomorrow.

Btw the fan fits perfectly into the radiator, the sides of the plastic shroud slide right into the space between the fins and the end caps. All I had to secure was the top with a few zip ties.

I'm going to wire it up properly with a thermal switch next weekend. Maybe two thermal switches, the low comes on at 210, with the high at like 215? And the high comes on with the a/c, too? With a switch to turn them both on or off manually... I like it.

#16,309 ·
You got a pic of the end result? Just changed my gaskets a couple months ago, dint wanna paint them then...now I may be regretting it.
I will later on today, I'm not done painting yet. Ran out of time last night.

#16,312 ·
Anyone want/need any 5.9 parts? Just crashed mine enough that it's a write-off, but the interior's still in good shape and same with the front end. Cracked one of the rims, but the other 3 + spare are good too.

Sad to see it gone... :( but I'd rather its good parts go to fellow Jeepers than rot in a junkyard

#16,313 ·
Anyone want/need any 5.9 parts? Just crashed mine enough that it's a write-off, but the interior's still in good shape and same with the front end. Cracked one of the rims, but the other 3 + spare are good too.

Sad to see it gone... :( but I'd rather its good parts go to fellow Jeepers than rot in a junkyard
Hows the front grille?

I'm in QC, so not too far if you're willing to ship!

#16,316 ·
Well, my day started out kind of ****ty. Woke up at 7, drove 40 minutes to school only to find out there's no classes today. I guess we had a 4 day weekend that I thought was only 3 days. Wtf?

But then, my two new wheels from 4 wheel parts showed up, since two of mine were dented. Well, I had the package with the dented wheels right outside my garage, expecting brown santa to take them when he delivered my new ones. Well, he didnt. So it looks like I got 2 free dented wheels.

#16,317 ·
Freestyle713 said:
Well, my day started out kind of ****ty. Woke up at 7, drove 40 minutes to school only to find out there's no classes today. I guess we had a 4 day weekend that I thought was only 3 days. Wtf?

But then, my two new wheels from 4 wheel parts showed up, since two of mine were dented. Well, I had the package with the dented wheels right outside my garage, expecting brown santa to take them when he delivered my new ones. Well, he didnt. So it looks like I got 2 free dented wheels.
What size are these? D windows? I could actually use one as a spare if you'd like to get rid of one cheap..

#16,318 ·
What size are these? D windows? I could actually use one as a spare if you'd like to get rid of one cheap..
Its not a d window, its a soft 8, but its yours if you want it. Its 15x8 and 3.75 bs.